greengiant912

GreenGiant's Sandy Bridge Build.

I ordered a evga GTX570 classified from micro center. I have never used these guys before but I have noticed alot of people talking about them on the forums. I used overnight shipping hoping to get it before the weekend, but their ship date shows the 16th :( (which is a Sunday so it very well could still ship today.) They were the cheapest ones out there got it for $330... I will likely pick another one of these up in two weeks or so...

Edited by greengiant912

That's a great price for classified. :evilgrin:

The reason MicroCenter is so popular is they offer really great prices ...especially if you live close to one and can pick the stuff up. For example, the 2500k can be bought for $185 if you can pick it up there. No e-tailer I have seen can match that.

That's a great price for classified. :evilgrin:

The reason MicroCenter is so popular is they offer really great prices ...especially if you live close to one and can pick the stuff up. For example, the 2500k can be bought for $185 if you can pick it up there. No e-tailer I have seen can match that.

Closest on is in IL I think, and nobody wants to goto that god forsaken land... Unless of course the packers are playing there :P

They had an amazing price on overnight for $11. They just emailed me the tracking info so it should ship today!

Edited by greengiant912

Oh man. It's always fun to open up that box of parts. Nice list you got. I thought of getting the i7 but I settled on the i5.

From what I hear there isn't to much difference, personally I wanted my system to hold up for the next few years and opted for the extra...

My hard drive is pulling my windows system score down, which is weird because its a 6gb/s drive 1tb WD... I would think it would be a little better then a 5.9... Is it possible to get really any higher without a 10,000rpm or a SSD or RAID0?

From what I hear there isn't to much difference, personally I wanted my system to hold up for the next few years and opted for the extra...

My hard drive is pulling my windows system score down, which is weird because its a 6gb/s drive 1tb WD... I would think it would be a little better then a 5.9... Is it possible to get really any higher without a 10,000rpm or a SSD or RAID0?

Not really, most 7200 rpm mech drives will only give a 5.9 score, if you want speed you need a ssd to load os on.

Never seen over 5.9 for a 7200 hdd also wei is a load of croc imo :lol:

It is, I just find it a little insulting when all your hardware is above 7s except for your hard drive, which then takes your overall score down (since wei uses the lowest score, which is bull crap should take the avg at the very least..)

Who really cares though about the score, as long as it performs like you want it to and your happy with the system....like I said, who gives a rats? :P

Cheers,

Craig

Oh am I pissed right [email protected]#[email protected]#[email protected]#

So I bought this from micro center today, and turns up it was the wrong video card, I ordered the EVGA Classified, and they sent me the regular [email protected]#[email protected]#[email protected]#$ Also they didn't include the batman arkham city [email protected]#[email protected]#[email protected]#[email protected]

So I am sending this thing back, and ordering the right one from newegg... Terrible, never will recommend them to anyone!

As Promised Pictures.

My workstation is pretty messy right now... :S

Anyways, Here are a few pictures from the build.

comp1.JPG

mmm Sandybridge :)

sandy1.JPG

Test Setup with stock cooler

comp2.JPG

After I finally got the appropriate hardware to install the Xigmatek cooler

comp3.JPG

More Testing

comp4.JPG

Yay! Just missing new video card

http://brianjfuller.com/img_dump/computer/comp5.JPG

comp6.JPG

comp7.JPG

The correct Video card should be here tomorrow! YAY!

how did you setup the fan? if it is pushing into the cpu you will not get good airflow in the case.