Gigabyte GA-81875 Ultra Help

Hello,

I have a GA-81875 Ultra Gigabyte motherboard running a P4 @ 3.42. I have two questions that I need help with:

1. How do I overclock the P4? I looked all thoughout the BIOS and can't seem to find how to overclock it.

2. How do I disable the IDE Scan at boot up? I have all RAID infomation disabled. I have no idea what the IDE scan even does.

Thanks!

It's been a long time since I OC'ed a socket 478 P4. I remeber you bump the buss speed and will need to adjust cpu and northbridge voltate to get stability while watching temps... if I recall your realy limited on multiplier. and will need to watch your PCI/ISA speeds but I think you can lock it in at a specific speed.... I think there where ram multipliers you needed to adjust as you bumped bus speed.

Not much help but I dont have one setting around I can look at the bios to see what settings they have.

Ctrl + F1 to get into the special settings once in the special settings.

• Like 1

It's been a long time since I OC'ed a socket 478 P4. I remeber you bump the buss speed and will need to adjust cpu and northbridge voltate to get stability while watching temps... if I recall your realy limited on multiplier. and will need to watch your PCI/ISA speeds but I think you can lock it in at a specific speed.... I think there where ram multipliers you needed to adjust as you bumped bus speed.

Not much help but I dont have one setting around I can look at the bios to see what settings they have.

Ctrl + F1 to get into the special settings once in the special settings.

Any idea where I can find that stuff in the BIOS or maybe a tutoral on it? I am pretty advanced in changing settings but I do need an idea on where to start :wacko:

Edit: Would "CPU Host Clock Control" be my overclock? It says it changes the: Over CPU Clock.

Edited by Masterchief

cpu host clock is the fsb (front side bus) clock. Increasing this clock a little at a time will increase the cpu frequency and the mem frequency. This is the basic overclock procedure.

The ide scan can be stopped by setting the drive which is on one of the channels to the setting which was detected by the bios, so ensure that auto detect is not set for the drive installed. Also, where a drive on the channel is not installed change the setting from auto detect to not installed. I do not think it is possible to turn off the ide scan. The steps I have given will only speed up the scan.