2.1 speaker system for 50-75$

NikolaT

As the title says... looking for something that will not require an amp or reciever - something that can be plugged into the computer and sound good for the price.

Right now some options are the Logitech Z523 and Altec Lansing Octane 7

As the title says... looking for something that will not require an amp or reciever - something that can be plugged into the computer and sound good for the price.

Right now some options are the Logitech Z523 and Altec Lansing Octane 7

mehh I have those Logitech's and they umm suck.. Nevermind I thought that was what I have but I was mistaken, mine suck. Based on reviews, those Z523s are actually pretty decent... My brother has a similar set of Altec Lansing and he loves them. So take that FWIW

Edited by ShallowBay

mehh I have those Logitech's and they umm suck. My brother has a similar set of Altec Lansing and he loves them. So take that FWIW

Thanks... lots of people have been telling me the Logitechs sound plain muddy.

I have never heard anything better than my Klipsch 2.1. Coupled with my Creative X-Fi Extreme Music Platinum sound card, I can have a darn block party with power to spare. The satellites are crystal clear and the sub woofer puts out some powerful deep base.

p.s. I waited till the Klipsch went on sale for $99. I know that was more then you wanted to spend but , compare them to the Logitechs if you can at your local Best Buy and you will see there is a world of difference in sound.

Edited by ronbo191

For music boxed PC Speakers aren't going to sound musical - get proper speakers with quality drivers/tweeters :woot: I was going to suggest a T-Amp and some bookshelf and these are offer great SQ for the $$ but if u really want to do away with amps look at active 2.0 like Swans 1080s or the Edifier 1900T

I have the Cyber Acoustics CA-3550 2.1. They sound great for the money and have nice clear mid and low tones unlike my last set of speakers. The high(quite high) tones are not the sharpest but then they are not used much. Plus im prejudiced, i work with professional equipment regularly.