Sign in to follow this  
ClayMeow

Amazing night for baseball

Anyone who thinks baseball is dull should have watched tonight's games.

In the NL, St Louis wins their game....so then Atlanta has to win theirs to force a one-game playoff for the wildcard....and Philly comes from behind to squash their dreams. So St Louis is the NL Wildcard.

In the AL, it was even more dramatic. Boston was up 3-2 when there was a rain delay....meanwhile, Tampa was losing to the Yanks 7-0. Then, in the 8th inning, Tampa closes it to 7-6, and then in the 9th ties it up, just as the Boston game resumes. Then, with two outs in the bottom of the ninth, the Orioles tie it up and then WIN it. Roughly three minutes later, Tampa's Longoria hits a HR in the bottom of the 12th to win it for them. So Tampa's the AL Wildcard.

Both Boston and Atlanta had a SIZEABLE lead in the wildcard race just a few weeks ago before some epic collapses. In the beginning of September, Atlanta had more than an 8-game lead, becoming the first team in MLB history to squander such a huge lead....but then just a short time later, Boston joined them, becoming the first team in MLB history to squander a 9-game lead!

Lots of drama tonight and the playoffs haven't even begun!

I can't say I'm a big baseball fan but my dad sure is, and he's a big Cardinals fan as well, and I could hear him yelling at the TV all night. :lol:

Never could watch baseball. Unless it's at the stadium. More fun to play than watch for me.

I'd like to make a note that while talking to Clay and Psywar on Facebook, I called Evan Longoria of the Rays hitting a home run to end the game and clinch the AL Wild Card.

I'd like to make a note that while talking to Clay and Psywar on Facebook, I called Evan Longoria of the Rays hitting a home run to end the game and clinch the AL Wild Card.

I can confirm this :)

A lot of disappointment in Boston tonight.

As it should be! The team had an historic collapse, as did the Atlanta Braves. The Braves had a freaking 10.5 game lead at one point and blew it!

Cardinals won 23 of their last 31 games. They have every right to be in the playoffs. I'm just mad that Pujols finished with a .299 average and 99 RBIs, ending his streak of .300+/30+HR/100+RBI at 10 seasons.