New to Windows 7 I need help removing 'fluff'

Venom1956

Hey all, I just got a new PC with Win7 64bit. I am pretty happy with it over all but there is some stuff in Win7 that is driving me crazy! I want to remove them.

Libraries, Favorites and Homegroup in the Windows Explorer need to go. I hated how Windows explorer defaulted to Libraries every time it came up. I fix that though.

I want to remove all these folders in my User Folder such as links, contacts, my videos, my pictures, favorites, searches, possibly my documents and saved games. Not sure if I want to get rid of those yet.

Can I get rid of Internet Explorer and WMP with no adverse effects to win7? I understand they did these things to make it more 'user friendly' but It drives crazy that it FORCES you to use its methods.

Just don't use IE, get rid of the shortcuts, and use another browser as your default browser. You may need IE for some things in the future for some reason or another.

What I do all the time is create a desktop shortcut with this in the target:

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe shell:MyComputerFolder

... Name it "Computer" and put it in the taskbar.

I want to remove all these folders in my User Folder such as links, contacts, my videos, my pictures, favorites, searches, possibly my documents and saved games. Not sure if I want to get rid of those yet.

This is a bad idea for very many reasons. A lot of programs (and Windows itself) rely on those folders being where they are supposed to be...