Vantage scores

Bill Gates

looking here: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/patriot_pyro/11.htm i was wondering why your vantage hdd score is so low? here is mine for the same drive:

pyro12073990.png

pyro73549.png

pyro72301.png

which is higher than any of the drives in your list

here are links to an m4 256 vantage runs i did which are even higher

http://3dmark.com/pcmv/467611

http://3dmark.com/pcmv/467612

http://3dmark.com/pcmv/467614

M425677594.png

m425678100.png

m425678164.png

Edited by Bill Gates

Its probably because of the chipset used. X58 is "Old" and "Slow" compared to the Z68 you have.

Comparing drive scores on cross platform is a good way to test total platform performance, this is what you have done.

But the true way to test drive speed is by having a constant, with the only variable being the drives themselves. In this way your truly testing the difference of the drives.

Its probably because of the chipset used. X58 is "Old" and "Slow" compared to the Z68 you have.

Comparing drive scores on cross platform is a good way to test total platform performance, this is what you have done.

But the true way to test drive speed is by having a constant, with the only variable being the drives themselves. In this way your truly testing the difference of the drives.

i know that but here it the test setup used in that review

Testing Setup:

Processors: Core i7 2600K @ 3.4GHz 100 x 34

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IV Extreme

Memory: Mushkin 996805 Redline PC312800 6-8-6-24 1600MHz 4GB

Video Card: XFX Radeon HD6970

Power Supply: Mushkin 1000W Joule Modular power supply

Hard Drive: Patriot Pyro 120GB

Optical Drive: Lite-On Blu-Ray

Case: Corsair Graphite Series 600T

its not an old setup its the same as mine pretty much. They used a pyro 120 i used a pyro 120. so where is the difference? I'm not sure what you mean could you explain further?

Edited by Bill Gates

I'm not to familiar with the way PCMark Vantage scores a CPU overclock, but his 2600K was at stock, 1GHz less than your OC. So there is one difference, and I'm sure between your system and the test sytem there are other differences as well! What Merc was saying is the only way to truly show a good comparison between the same 2 drives, is to test those same 2 drives in an identical system and identical clock speeds! You also have twice as much RAM as the test setup!

So, if I were you, and you want to see if the difference is in your CPU OC, set your 2600K to stock and re-run the tests. Like I said earlier, I'm not sure how much consideration is given to CPU OC in the PCMArk Vantage test. But, I would still be shocked if a bench from FutureMark didn't take a CPU OC into consideration, especially since their other benches score big CPU OC's pretty heavy! You may even want to take 4GBs of RAM out of your system so that it is closer to an Apples-to-Apples comparision

I'm not to familiar with the way PCMark Vantage scores a CPU overclock, but his 2600K was at stock, 1GHz less than your OC. So there is one difference, and I'm sure between your system and the test sytem there are other differences as well! What Merc was saying is the only way to truly show a good comparison between the same 2 drives, is to test those same 2 drives in an identical system and identical clock speeds! You also have twice as much RAM as the test setup!

So, if I were you, and you want to see if the difference is in your CPU OC, set your 2600K to stock and re-run the tests. Like I said earlier, I'm not sure how much consideration is given to CPU OC in the PCMArk Vantage test. But, I would still be shocked if a bench from FutureMark didn't take a CPU OC into consideration, especially since there other benches score big CPU OC's pretty heavy! You may even want to take 4GBs of RAM out of your system so that it is closer to an Apples-to-Apples comparision

cpu is given no consideration in the HDD suite. Bclk is 100 like his so i dont think that oc will matter. amount of ram does not matter. when i get a chance i run at 3.4ghz