win 7 start in 57 sec with kingston hyperx 240g ssd

chenzhong

I'm pretty sure even my old non-SSD hard drive booted quicker.

I've got an SSD right now with a fairly clean install so I'll let you know how long it takes for me to boot from the Windows boot screen to opening Google Chrome.

Edit: Windows boot screen > Google Chrome = 16s.

Edited by tkrow21

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Windows boot screen -> everything loaded (including Steam and Chrome) = 39 seconds for my rig.

That includes a second or two of me logging in, but still, your numbers aren't exactly slow.

ya the marvell do initializ from start and how do you disable steam?

If you're not using the marvell sata III ports on the motherboard, then it is safe to disable them in your BIOS.

In your BIOS to to Integrated Peripherals > GSATA3 Controller > change from "Enabled to Disabled"

I don't have Steam installed on this PC, but if I remember correctly;

Open Steam

Click the Steam menu

Click on Settings

Click on the Interface tab

Uncheck the box that says "Run Steam when my computer starts."

OK this is strange,this morning when i turn on my computer,there is no bios load screen and it only took 9.1 Secs to load the windows fully. and i don't remember what i did to make it skip bio and boot the computer so quick.(other than disable steam and enable quick boot on)but i am happy with the time now.

If you're not using the marvell sata III ports on the motherboard, then it is safe to disable them in your BIOS.

In your BIOS to to Integrated Peripherals > GSATA3 Controller > change from "Enabled to Disabled"

I don't have Steam installed on this PC, but if I remember correctly;

Open Steam

Click the Steam menu

Click on Settings

Click on the Interface tab

Uncheck the box that says "Run Steam when my computer starts."

This :withstupid: and/or start>search>msconfig>startup>unselect all programs you don't want loading>restart

OK this is strange,this morning when i turn on my computer,there is no bios load screen and it only took 9.1 Secs to load the windows fully. and i don't remember what i did to make it skip bio and boot the computer so quick.(other than disable steam and enable quick boot on)but i am happy with the time now.

Did you change what port your monitor is plugged into? For example when I plug my monitor into a dvi slot on my secondary card it skips out bios screen.

Edited by Stonerboy779

You've been putting it to sleep instead of turning it completely off.

I did that on accident last week and I went to turn my computer on (which from button press to desktop usually takes like 2 minutes) and I was almost instantly at the desktop, it took me a bit to figure out what the hell happened.

:lol:

:pfp:

You've been putting it to sleep instead of turning it completely off.

I did that on accident last week and I went to turn my computer on (which from button press to desktop usually takes like 2 minutes) and I was almost instantly at the desktop, it took me a bit to figure out what the hell happened.

:lol:

:pfp:

great! how do you turn sleep off?i just press shut down and dont know how i put it to sleep.

This :withstupid: and/or start>search>msconfig>startup>unselect all programs you don't want loading>restart

Did you change what port your monitor is plugged into? For example when I plug my monitor into a dvi slot on my secondary card it skips out bios screen.

no i didn't change any port.i think i put it to sleep by accident.

From my first BIOS boot screen - 17s

From pressing the power button - 34s

With the new SSDs you want to turn hibernate OFF as the new sandforce drivers don't play nice with that. If you go into power management menu you can optimize your windows settings. Or you can also try this:

Open Command prompt which you find in All Programs > Accessories (run as admin) and type : powercfg -h off then hit Enter

I optimized my bios boot time oddly enough by turning off the Background Display. For some reason it doubled/tripled some of the same screens as if it was trapped in a loop.

With the new SSDs you want to turn hibernate OFF as the new sandforce drivers don't play nice with that. If you go into power management menu you can optimize your windows settings. Or you can also try this:

Open Command prompt which you find in All Programs > Accessories (run as admin) and type : powercfg -h off then hit Enter

^ +1

You definitely want to disable hibernation. It will take a good chunk of free space from your SSD.