EA Changes User Agreement

VaporX

"Following Sony's lead, and taking it even further, EA has added a new clause that prevents users from suing them in both class action and jury trial forms. "

EA's New User Agreement Bans Lawsuits

Anyone else find it odd that EA is doing this at about the same time they are announcing SWTOR release? I mean lets face it launching an MMO on the week of Christmas is just asking for trouble, any kind of issue will mean millions of potential players will be unable to play on Christmas, sounds like litigation waiting to happen. Guess EA thinks so too and are pulling a CYA manuver.

Edited by ComputerEd

I fail to see what this has to do with SWTOR and the holiday season. Even if the servers go down and players can't play for a whole week, EA couldn't be sued, no MMO company could - the TOS already protects them as it is. They never guarantee 100% uptime. If it's down for an extended period, they just compensate players by pushing back their subscription.

SWTOR is having a small launch for a reason, so that the servers can't get bogged down. It is releasing in only two territories (NA and EU) with other territories (Asia) to follow down the road. Changing the EULA has no correlation to the announcement of a release date for a new MMO, it is simply EA noticing what Sony did and having the same language. If you don't like the new EULA, don't accept it and don't purchase any EA games. Simple as that.

not like EA ever cared about its customers. future proofing their own butts to avoid complications that may come down the road are common in many businesses.

if you try to sue a company, because a videogame wont connect online... i hope someone slaps you :doh: