Sign in to follow this  
neddamttocs

Are you getting Star Wars: The Old Republic?

43 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting Star Wars: The Old Republic?

• Yes, Collectors Edition
    • Yes, Regular Edition
    • No
    • Maybe, Havent Decided

With alot of hype around the new Star Wars game, Star Wars:The Old Republic, we here at OCC are wondering, Are you going to get it? If so are you going to try and get the collectors edition or just the regular edition?

It saddens me to say no. I want this game so much, but I know I can't afford it, and I have other games that don't require a monthly subscription.

Its a maybe for me , not sure yet .

It saddens me to say no. I want this game so much, but I know I can't afford it, and I have other games that don't require a monthly subscription.

:withstupid:

@ 12.99 a month at the cheapest, I think, plus minimally $60 for the game = $216 for the first year and $156 for each subsequent year :wacko:

I'm pretty sure I wiould love the game, so that means playing at least a year and as my charachter got more powerful the odds are my playing time would be longer, so for $372 for 2 years for one game!!!! i would be nuts...all of you folk that do shell out this kind of cash just make it more acceptable. Subscription games are popular with EA and other developers for a reason... MORE $$$$$ for them. That's why the "free to play" trend...then you buy more crap from them.

It saddens me to NOT get the game but I can't justify the expense...

And I LOVE Star Wars :angry:

:withstupid:

@ 12.99 a month at the cheapest, I think, plus minimally $60 for the game = $216 for the first year and $156 for each subsequent year :wacko:

I'm pretty sure I wiould love the game, so that means playing at least a year and as my charachter got more powerful the odds are my playing time would be longer, so for $372 for 2 years for one game!!!! i would be nuts...all of you folk that do shell out this kind of cash just make it more acceptable. Subscription games are popular with EA and other developers for a reason... MORE $$$$$ for them. That's why the "free to play" trend...then you buy more crap from them.

It saddens me to NOT get the game but I can't justify the expense...

And I LOVE Star Wars :angry:

It kills me that companies charge so much. I remember when I thought the monthly subscription to Runescape was a lot ($5/month). I mean, I understand the need to charge a monthly subscription, but I feel like a game like that should be no more than $30 for the base game, and $6-9 for the subscription fee (depending on the side of the world). I mean, the servers aren't just there, and they do cost money to maintain and run.

Never, Guild Wars 2 all the way. I remember watching gameplay videos of SW:TOR and it just WoW with Jedi's.

I ask SW: TOR people, why should I play it. The only answer they ever give me is its SW. I can name many things that make GW2 good, give me a reason why I should even consider SW: TOR.

Watched this video and he says:

In SW: TOR you fight 10 evil rats as a Sith Lord for your first mission.

In Guild Wars 2 you fight this big #@3 boss for your first mission.

Reminds me of Demon's Souls, when your first mission is a big boss were you usually die haha. Except I'm sure that intro boss in GW2 won't be insanely hard as any of the bosses in Demon's Souls.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Hellz yes I am! The Force is Stong with me!

While I am unable to comment on my thoughts of the game directly I can say that I will NOT be buying the game and will likely only play it when it goes live once it goes F2P. And it will, they all will, F2P is the future of MMO gaming.