How did you come up with your username?

Prunes

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our shop foreman was sitting outside smoking when I rolled up from lunch with a blond and he asked what i did. I told hime well that is my girlfriend. He said "now Bowker you know..... You know your names Boinker from now on". And its been that ever sense.

The Computer Ed nick came from trying to find a show persona that would not incur the wraith of the Bible Belt. Originally, many years ago I was referred to on air as Computer Satan. There is a long story there, will save for Dabe and the guys when I see them at CES. The local programming manager at the time thought Computer Ed sounded cool. It played off my real name and was a play of sorts like Physical Ed, since part of the show is teaching others about PCs.

:popcorn: However for a long time I was known, and still am to an extent by another name online for gaming, Mopar (or Mopar63). The story there goes back to my days in the Navy, specifically Submarine School. My last name is Crisler but is often misprounced as Chrysler. Every day he would refer to me as Chrysler and I would correct him. This went on for a week and I started to get a little upset by this, I felt he was slighting me. Our insdtructer, a Chief Torpedoesman, was very good natured and we all ribbed each other him during class all the time so I did not think when I spoke. He called Chrysler and I ignored him. He called again and made a comment about me day dreaming. I then looked up and said, "I'm sorry where you calling on me? I was not sure becuase you see my name is not Chrysler it is Crisler and I have told you that a few dozen times. I figured there was no way you could be dumb enough to not have gotten it by now so i assumed there was a Chrysler in the class and I was waiting for him to answer."

Yes I was 18 and STUPID!

Luckily the Chief had a sense of humor and started laughing at me. He smiled and said, "Fair enough son, lets just make this easy, you are now Mopar."

Now you hear how gossip travels faster than light, well it is true. By the end of the day EVERYONE on the base was calling me Mopar. To make it worse when I fot to my boat in California, a month later I was greeted as Mopar. Now Iwear the name with pride :cheers:

came up with this screen name for tabcrawler.com back in 99 and have used it ever since. I love stratocasters = i_luv_strats

Here's my strat. 538538.jpg

Backed up with a Marshall JCM2000 Dual Lead on a Half-stack.

Im in Heaven :cheers:

The issues involving Raiderfan001 has been a popular topic amongst scholars for many years. At first glance Raiderfan001 may seem unenchanting, however its study is a necessity for any one wishing to intellectually advance beyond their childhood. While much has been written on its influence on contemporary living, it is important to remember that ‘what goes up must come down.’ It is estimated that Raiderfan001 is thought about eight times every day by those most reliant on technology, who just don't like that sort of thing. Though I would rather be in bed I will now examine the primary causes of Raiderfan001.

Social Factors

Society begins and ends with Raiderfan001. When Thucictholous said 'people only know one thing' he was clearly refering to the impact of Raiderfan001 on today's society. More a melody to societies dysfunctions than a parody of the self, Raiderfan001 helps to provide some sort of equilibrium in this world of ever changing, always yearning chaos.

Of paramount importance to any study of Raiderfan001 within its context, is understanding the ideals of society. It breaks the mold, shattering man's misunderstanding of man.

Economic Factors

Increasingly economic growth and innovation are being attributed to Raiderfan001. Of course, Raiderfan001 fits perfectly into the Lead-a-Duck-to-Water model, a complex but ultimately rewarding system. \

Interest

graph_down_3.gif

Raiderfan001

When displayed this way it becomes very clear that Raiderfan001 is of great importance. Recent studies indicate that interest, ultimately decided by politicians, will always be heavily influenced by Raiderfan001 due to its consistently high profile in the portfolio of investors. Strong fluctuations in investor confidence have been seen over the past two financial years.

Political Factors

Posturing as concerned patriarchs, many politicians guide the electorate herd to the inevitable cattle shed of 'equal opportunity.' Comparing international relations since the end of the century can be like observing playing with a puppy and singing with a blackbird. To quote style icon Noah Skank 'I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in democracy.' This quotation leads me to suspect that he was not unaccustomed to Raiderfan001. It speaks volumes. Both spectacular failure and unequaled political accomplishment may be accredited to Raiderfan001.

Where do we go from here? Only time will tell.

Conclusion

We can say with certainty Raiderfan001 has a special place in the heart of mankind. It inspires, it stimulates and figures show it's a winning formula. As a parting shot here are the words of super-star Justin Schwarzenegger: 'Oooh yeah Raiderfan001 shoo badaby dooo.'

And thats how I picked my name. :teehee:

Mine isn't too complicated...

Waco helped me put together my first build a couple of years ago -- I had to pick a name for her when we installed windows, so I had to come up with something. My case had blue lights -- so there's Blue... and Panda rhymes with Amanda...(Amanda Panda) so BluePanda... there it is. It's my computer name and my handle for nearly everything now. :cheers:

Mine isn't too complicated...

Waco helped me put together my first build a couple of years ago -- I had to pick a name for her when we installed windows, so I had to come up with something. My case had blue lights -- so there's Blue... and Panda rhymes with Amanda...(Amanda Panda) so BluePanda... there it is. It's my computer name and my handle for nearly everything now. :cheers:

If I even get the chance to meet you I will call you Amanda Panda, if only because I do not want to try to pronounce your last name. At least not until I've heard it said properly.