portable tunes

nice_shoes

My wife has been asking for some help and I don't know enough about this topic, so perhaps someone can get us started with some basic info. She currently does an exercise program and is using a portable CD player to listen to music while she exercises. But, the CD player is too big and bulky and she wants to replace it with something smaller. Neither she not I have much knowledge about portable music so we need advice. I think that we should probably be looking at an MP3 player, which as I understand it, has no moving parts and is very small. Someone also told us that we could use a smartphone to listen through earbuds, but we don't have smartphones, only the old clam-shell style cell phones. Besides, all her music is on either CD or cassette tape, and I'd like to be able to convert that to whatever device we buy, so that I only have to buy the device, and not pay for all that music again.

I hope this is the correct area to post this, it's the only AUDIO topic on this site.

What budget do you have?

You could by a cheap mp3 player with a basic LCD screen with multiple backlight colors and skip, play/pause and volume buttons.

Or something more expensive however still small and light. Like the new iPod nano that can go in silicone wrist or arm bands. It comes with a multitouch color screen with a list of features it sounds like you won't use.

So budget and if you post were you thought you might buy from more precise recommendations can be made. Judging by what you said I think you would be happy with a $50 USB mp3 player plug it into your computer load some tunes on. Then go clip it to your clothes and off you go.

My budget is limited.............if I could do this for really cheap, that would be great.............also, how do I get her music from CD to the MP3 player? Is there some special conversion software? I do have a DVD/CD burner on my desktop computer, and I can currently burn songs from CD onto my hard drive.

My budget is limited.............if I could do this for really cheap, that would be great.............also, how do I get her music from CD to the MP3 player? Is there some special conversion software? I do have a DVD/CD burner on my desktop computer, and I can currently burn songs from CD onto my hard drive.

With the cheap flash drive mp3 players it is as easy as copying files onto the drive like you would a USB. That is in most cases some may require you to instal there software but it's often possible to not need to.

Then it's really just copy and paste from where you have saved your burnt CDs into the folder on the mp3 player.

Edit:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855501038

Edited by Stonerboy779