Two odd issues

So, here are two odd issues:

1. One system doesn't power up when my Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB's are connected to the PSU. I can swap known good PSU ports, but it still won't boot. It's a Corsair AX750, and it works fine otherwise. These HDD's work fine on any other system.

2. Another system can't seem to install Windows 7, or load into Windows from an image. If it tries to install Windows, it loads, then gets to the Windows background with the mouse pointer, with which the mouse pointer can move around. If it's trying to load into an imaged disk (a known good SSD), it reboots while loading. I updated the BIOS, replaced the CMOS battery, tried IDE, AHCI, and RAID, used onboard graphics and a known good graphics card, the PSU is known good (Seasonic X 760W), DVD burner is known good (two different ones), memory is good (tried two different kits, both working fine on another system). The only thing I haven't tried yet (and will probably this weekend), is to swap CPU's and Motherboards. This is on the GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H AM3 board with a Phenom II x4 965.

1) Tried different sata ports?

2) Maybe try waiting longer after can move your mouse with the windows logo at the back. Maybe the system is slow so that the install is still loading the files required...

1) Tried different sata ports?

Yeah, did that, forgot to mention it.

2) Maybe try waiting longer after can move your mouse with the windows logo at the back. Maybe the system is slow so that the install is still loading the files required...

I've waited 10 - 15 minutes, I guess I can try waiting for an hour. It's a fast system, it shouldn't take very long.

1) sounds like a BIOS issue....my Asus 785 EVO had that same issue with a certain Hard drive and there was a revision fix for it....

2) make sure that the Floppy drive is Disabled in the BIOS if you dont have one....it can cause known hangs and reboots if it is Enabled but there is no drive. Especially on the 785 boards...

are you installing off a flash drive or DVD? on all the boards i do I have to set the boot order back during the 1st reboot as the way my flash driver are set up they detect as physical hard drives so it boots to them first.

1) sounds like a BIOS issue....my Asus 785 EVO had that same issue with a certain Hard drive and there was a revision fix for it....

Will try it, but I think it's the latest BIOS version. I think it also killed the HDD's, lol. I can't get them to work on any other system now, although they did work before I put it in the system that failed. Not good. :(

2) make sure that the Floppy drive is Disabled in the BIOS if you dont have one....it can cause known hangs and reboots if it is Enabled but there is no drive. Especially on the 785 boards...

are you installing off a flash drive or DVD? on all the boards i do I have to set the boot order back during the 1st reboot as the way my flash driver are set up they detect as physical hard drives so it boots to them first.

Disable the Floppy drive from the boot-up drives option? I actually got it to boot into Windows install. It's really, really, really, and I mean, really slow, though. I had to re-arrange the DVD burner to Port 5 as IDE (Ports 4 and 5 as IDE), while keeping Ports 1-3 as RAID).