My New Computer

HarryTaco

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't find where you found that comp case, The R2-EW. Can you point me in the right direction?

Here it is Silverstone Raven RV02B-EW

There is also a white version of the Raven 2 but i can't see it on newegg and you may want to look at the Raven RV03B-WA. It is more flashy and cheaper than the rv2 with similar cooling and features just one less 180mm air penetrator.

Noctua fans draws my attention lately with it's "strengths/cooling capabilities" as what those reviews said but it's the color drives me out.

now look what have you done to make those Nocs PURRRRRFECT! goes well with the spanking clean,sleek setup and everything in there. good job! :thumbsup:

Hello Overclockers,

Well I finished it up today. Fired it up and it didnt explode in a shower of sparks so i guess im good to go for the OS and related what-not, tommorrow. I got thte wiring down to a minimum in the case and the backside didnt bulge or anything like that. I didnt put the 24pin harness in the back, it looks pretty neat to me in the front and besides the distance is only a few inches, powersupply to connector.

Dave1.jpg

Nice work Kwok, just wondering do you think there will be any problem if a dvi to vga adapter has to be used, like with the top sitting on the pc the proper way.Just curious.

Well, good question. The answer is, that Im in with the DVI connector only. No VGA needed, at least for my build, but there is an adapter in the Box. Ive had to juggle the build and set-up with real life demands the last few days only getting a couple hours per day. I spent several hours yesterday cleaning up my Computer Room and moving my old Rig to a new location. Then I found out that I had to use a longer DVI cord than the one supplied. So I had to go out and purchase a 6 footer (Ouch on price). When done with that i just wasnt interested to fire it up and do the OS install. After my Golf today, I will attack once again and finish this puppy.

Well, good question. The answer is, that Im in with the DVI connector only. No VGA needed, at least for my build, but there is an adapter in the Box. Ive had to juggle the build and set-up with real life demands the last few days only getting a couple hours per day. I spent several hours yesterday cleaning up my Computer Room and moving my old Rig to a new location. Then I found out that I had to use a longer DVI cord than the one supplied. So I had to go out and purchase a 6 footer (Ouch on price). When done with that i just wasnt interested to fire it up and do the OS install. After my Golf today, I will attack once again and finish this puppy.

Thanks for the reply, is a nice looking machine, mabey after you get all set up and done you can give me a guesstimate( i think i just evented a word ) if you think an avi to dvd plug would fit in there without any problem, ty again.

Thanks for the reply, is a nice looking machine, mabey after you get all set up and done you can give me a guesstimate( i think i just evented a word ) if you think an avi to dvd plug would fit in there without any problem, ty again.

Okay, I just measured the amount of space available from the backing plate(videocard socket) to the underside of the cover. There is almost exactly 3.5 inches clearance. You can now do the math yourself and be pretty sure of the outcome.

Great looking build Kwok. Congratulations!

What are the water cooling radiator options in that case? Say a 220 - would it fit up top or on the bottom, or neither?

It actually comes with mounts for a 220 to fit on the huge fans on the bottom (they are 180mm) but I'm pretty sure even getting a 220 in there would be a pain in the butt.