Automatically close old topics

flareback

Why doesn't the forum have something that automatically closes old topics? Just seems weird when someone digs up a 4 month old post and replies to it.

Probably because there's occasionally a valid reason to necro a thread.

Yeah, sometimes for game threads it is fine, like if some new info comes out. Typically if some thread gets dragged up that is really old, just let one of the mods know and they can close it and delete any recent posts, if need be.

Actually there ars some old treads that are fun to still read, like how people were oc'ing their pc's 5 years ago as compaired to today's rigs.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be able to read them, just that we don't need to post on a 5 year old thread.

You have two different issues that you referenced.

Just seems weird when someone digs up a 4 month old post and replies to it.

There is nothing wrong with this.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be able to read them, just that we don't need to post on a 5 year old thread.

Report the post and a mod / admin will deal with it.

In my point of view, its pointless to have something like that. Only the WTS or WTB topics should be closed when members are done with it.

I started a topic called : Funny Videos, in 2009 or 2010 and till now members are still posting replies there !!

• Like 1

In my point of view, its pointless to have something like that. Only the WTS or WTB topics should be closed when members are done with it.

I started a topic called : Funny Videos, in 2009 or 2010 and till now members are still posting replies there !!

So, this is ALL YOUR FAULT! :D j/k