Anyone here work for Ford?

Onion

If you have 2 Ford dealerships in your area, play one against the other. Get the lowest price from the first, then go to the second and have them beat it. Keep doing this until they

get really pissed off at you (and they will after you go back and forth a few times), but you can get a great deal.

I did this many,many years ago, when I was 20 years old, with a motorcycle I bought and got a really good deal, but like I said by the end of negotiations they weren't very happy with me

but I really didn't care, money was the bottom line at the time.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have 2 Ford dealerships in your area, play one against the other. Get the lowest price from the first, then go to the second and have them beat it. Keep doing this until they

get really pissed off at you (and they will after you go back and forth a few times), but you can get a great deal.

I did this many,many years ago, when I was 20 years old, with a motorcycle I bought and got a really good deal, but like I said by the end of negotiations they weren't very happy with me

but I really didn't care, money was the bottom line at the time.

Already did it. :P I told one of them, Metro Ford, that the other, Gus Machado Ford, said they could do 26,800. Of course, Gus Machado didn't really tell me 26,800, but Metro Ford told me they could do better. I found out that the dealerships aren't making that much money anyways. They pay about 26,000 for the car I want.

@Mercury, thanks for the help!

Edited by l33t p1mp

Not big into just mustangs gt I love the cobra and boss 302 though lol. I was looking at a f-150 fx4 all decked out they wanted 42,000 I got them down to 37,000 not including my huge down payment lol I'm also trying to find someone that can get me the x plan but its probably going to be a no go for the x plan

one off-topic question:

I always wanted a mustang to be my first car (already done my exams just have to wait until april cause I turn 18 then)

I problem is, ford usa doesn't ship to germany or belgium (europe in general) does anyone know ho I can get my hands on a v6 premium?

( i dont want a v8 cause the taxes on a 5ltr are like 1000 a year and it consumes 2 ltr/100km more than the v6)

and if you can afford it, I would go for the shelby gt 500 (the newer one)

I wish I could afford a GT 500 lol. A plain GT is stretching our budget as it is. Wolf, I have no idea, but I'll ask my dad. He does international business, so I'll see if he knows anything.

why buy new when you can get one way cheaper a year or two older with low miles in new condition?

I paid 22k for my V with 52k miles in perfect condition and it will walk all over that GT with nicer interior and two extra doors. :P

Yup. I'll never buy a new car. One of the absolute worst things you could spend money on. It's worth less as soon as you drive it off the lot. Lucky for me I like older cars and trucks anyways. I don't like 99% of anything made today. No style or soul. And overpriced if you ask me.

would be great. btw why a gt if you can have a full option v6? (I prefer the sound of the v8 to lol) just askin

Because I don't want any of the options anyways. I want the v8 because I've been going to tracks more and more. The v6 has nothing compared to the v8. Plus, if I were to buy a v6, I'd get the plain v6, not the v6 premium. Waste of money in my opinion.

why buy new when you can get one way cheaper a year or two older with low miles in new condition?

I paid 22k for my V with 52k miles in perfect condition and it will walk all over that GT with nicer interior and two extra doors. :P

In the case of the mustang, all the used GT's with the new 5.0 V8 cost either as much or more than a brand new one. The best price I got at a dealer was 26,200. On top of that, my dad wants a new car instead of used now. I've tried convincing me, because I agree that a used car is a better deal, but he won't change his mind.

Also, I'm not getting a GT after all, it's a bit too cramped in the back. We'll be going for a Challenger R/T (I wish it was an SRT8 lol). Very roomy, better looking, and still pretty fast.

stop! don't do it!

think about it some more before buying a dodge

I understand fathers want to relive the muscle car days

but I have heard they have really sloppy handling

if you seriously plan to track the car, better do some reading to make sure

stop! don't do it!

think about it some more before buying a dodge

I understand fathers want to relive the muscle car days

but I have heard they have really sloppy handling

if you seriously plan to track the car, better do some reading to make sure

I've seen the handling. It's pretty bad, but not catastrophic. Depending on how it is (test driving this week), it'll be for drags, tracks, or simply street driving. If it's really that bad, then we're going for a Camaro.