2 gtx 580 gainward 3gb and 1 palit 3gb wont work in 3 way sli

akis_56

You need to get a kill-o-watt meter and discover what you actually do draw when maxing everything out.

Ok , i need to find one .

And here is difficult to find one.

I have a friend , he told me , that he will make one .

Take a look at this video

If you see the whole video the max watt is 900-1000

Why his system does not peak 1600-1800 ( like you explaned me before ? )

Edited by akis_56

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok , i need to find one .

And here is difficult to find one.

I have a friend , he told me , that he will make one .

Take a look at this video

If you see the whole video the max watt is 900-1000

Why his system does not peak 1600-1800 ( like you explaned me before ? )

Looks like in this benchmark that his 3xgtx580s pull 1000watt rms meaning he will still have a peak of 1415watts.

That is the power his psu is drawing and I have no idea what PSU he has, different PSUs are more and less efficient than others.

To the tune of at 1000watts before the psu amounts to, in an 82% efficiency (bronze rating at 100% load) 1220 watts after and with an 87% efficiency (gold rating at 100% load) 1150 after so psu efficiency can straight up make differences of 50-70watts easily at loads around 1000watt.

Still a simple kill-o-watt meter like this will be able to tell you what you are drawing.

Have you been viewing your LCD panel on the ups also to see if it is telling you that you have any faults

ok , his psu is Antec TPQ 1200 Quattro

but still i can't understand how it peaks 1415watts while it never go above 1010watts?

my ups lcd screen says only the volt that pass through and battery level and load .

i never had a fault exept from this time which my power goes off and ups get an 0 error ( this was shown on the screen of the ups )

i will take a kill-o-watt . and i will tell you what i am drawing .

ok , his psu is Antec TPQ 1200 Quattro

but still i can't understand how it peaks 1415watts while it never go above 1010watts?

my ups lcd screen says only the volt that pass through and battery level and load .

i never had a fault exept from this time which my power goes off and ups get an 0 error ( this was shown on the screen of the ups )

i will take a kill-o-watt . and i will tell you what i am drawing .

Because the tool he was using to measure with, gives a read out of the rms values which is roughly 70.7% of the peak values.

i am finding it dificult also to find more information on your ups online. Have you looked to see what the error code 0 means?

i can't find what error is 0 .

only here

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:nKD7AQiwX2QJ:www.alphagrissin.bg/Uploads/Line-interactive_800-2000VA_eyeOn-series%2BDownloadResourceHandler.ashx?resourceID%3D151+UPS+ACCUPOWER+EYEON+2000VA&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjXuDkjJXR1H7FbBQefgYI2XKAMTDbXUzU45sgkSXPb5gRBxC9UCl4zd7A8MGnnzT4UPhPjgn7a10LYGo1QbF_X0IkkkatDgaGcUCjFOgkb-Sd74C4CaGp3ZhLiwAmr6SFjhSFR&sig=AHIEtbRX7ELqlCkOcIsnZyvpq_HYSAu32g&pli=1

says that Continuous sounding means fault.

i can't even find an official website for this product .

like it don't exist .

my service said that they fixed it , but whats the point, according to you i can't use it .

i can't find what error is 0 .

only here

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:nKD7AQiwX2QJ:www.alphagrissin.bg/Uploads/Line-interactive_800-2000VA_eyeOn-series%2BDownloadResourceHandler.ashx?resourceID%3D151+UPS+ACCUPOWER+EYEON+2000VA&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjXuDkjJXR1H7FbBQefgYI2XKAMTDbXUzU45sgkSXPb5gRBxC9UCl4zd7A8MGnnzT4UPhPjgn7a10LYGo1QbF_X0IkkkatDgaGcUCjFOgkb-Sd74C4CaGp3ZhLiwAmr6SFjhSFR&sig=AHIEtbRX7ELqlCkOcIsnZyvpq_HYSAu32g&pli=1

says that Continuous sounding means fault.

i can't even find an official website for this product .

like it don't exist .

my service said that they fixed it , but whats the point, according to you i can't use it .

I like you can't find an official website and can't see If it has any sort of rated overload curcuit so after you adress the house curcuit you may or may not find it works well.

Looks like in this benchmark that his 3xgtx580s pull 1000watt rms meaning he will still have a peak of 1415watts.

That is the power his psu is drawing and I have no idea what PSU he has, different PSUs are more and less efficient than others.

To the tune of at 1000watts before the psu amounts to, in an 82% efficiency (bronze rating at 100% load) 1220 watts after and with an 87% efficiency (gold rating at 100% load) 1150 after so psu efficiency can straight up make differences of 50-70watts easily at loads around 1000watt.

Still a simple kill-o-watt meter like this will be able to tell you what you are drawing.

Have you been viewing your LCD panel on the ups also to see if it is telling you that you have any faults

Uhhh....yeah. kill-a-watt readers tell you the real instantaneous power draw from the wall. No further conversions are needed when calculating draw. 900 watts on the meter means 900 watts from the UPS, wall, or whatever.

Uhhh....yeah. kill-a-watt readers tell you the real instantaneous power draw from the wall. No further conversions are needed when calculating draw. 900 watts on the meter means 900 watts from the UPS, wall, or whatever.

He asked about peak I told him peak values. It reads rms the value that is important.

You guys really confuse me ,

Is this ups capable to handle my pc at 900-1000watt load or not?

Should I connected again with my pc?

Or it will burn this psu also?

Including this "peak load" which I don't understand

Is this ups capable to handle my pc at 900-1000watt load or not?

Assuming it's rated properly, yes, it can handle your computer. You should only have it to be able to shut down in case of a power outage though - gaming on a UPS is something you definitely shouldn't do.

The first thing I'd do is figure out what the beep code for the UPS is and also get your wiring checked out. You shouldn't be tripping the breaker constantly.