Sign in to follow this  
bishop245

Samsung Captivate

Yup I am rmaing my samsung captivate after having to turn it on 5 times in 20 minutes while driving yesterday. I lost my temper and called tech support what the problem was and he started the rma process for me. I have never had to rma anything to samsung before so I hope its mostly painless lol with good turn around time. I have already received my email with my rma number and shipping labels. I just have to wait til I get back to my office to ship it off.

It has been randomly shutting off since I did an update via the kies updater and if it wasn't for my bluetooth headset I wouldn't know half the times it was off. Even with this problem I still think its a much better fone than the htc surround I have for a company fone.

I had a fascinate (Verizon's version of the captivate) and it never gave me any trouble. It was a little sluggish until I installed CM7 though. The worst thing about those phones is Samsung's crappy software/software support.

Let me know how this goes, I need to RMA my Samsung Epic (the cousin of your Captivate) since most of the time now when I open up my hardware keyboard my screen goes out until I close the keyboard then sleep the phone and press the power button again :glare: so in essence I have a Captivate now which is NOT what I want. lol