Star Wars Blu-ray

Black64

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you should read something like this first. Yes, there are changes, but honestly, we've been getting changes to the Star Wars films since 1997. So really, what is new in that regard?

Really great review.

I don't own a Blu-ray player, so I have no reason to purchase this, but for anyone who thought about purchasing it, I don't see any changes that would cause me to change my mind. Yes, the "Noooo" is a stupid addition, but it hardly ruins the film. Star Wars has always been rife with cheesy dialog, so it's not like it doesn't fit. And the whole "Han Shot First" idiocy...I mean, really, does whether he shoot first or second change your opinion of him? Again, I just don't see it as having that big of an effect.

The problem with any future movies, if they indeed make some, is that the Extended Universe books already continued the story of the movies. The EU books are now several decades beyond the end of RotJ, so really, there is nothing for Lucas to do a new trilogy on unless he decides to do the Grand Admiral Thrawn trilogy or some other set of 3 books set in the Extended Universe.

Has Lucas ever said any of the post RotJ EU stories are cannon? If he hasn't, he can do whatever he wants, if he chooses to make them. If he has, then he's saved himself the time of creating story. Still, he's not going to make them.

Really great review.

I don't own a Blu-ray player, so I have no reason to purchase this, but for anyone who thought about purchasing it, I don't see any changes that would cause me to change my mind. Yes, the "Noooo" is a stupid addition, but it hardly ruins the film. Star Wars has always been rife with cheesy dialog, so it's not like it doesn't fit. And the whole "Han Shot First" idiocy...I mean, really, does whether he shoot first or second change your opinion of him? Again, I just don't see it as having that big of an effect.

Yes, it is a very stupid addition. Doesn't ruin the movie, just like the "Han Shot First" doesn't. However, I would not go so far as to say the controversy was/is idiocy. The fans wanted what they remembered from their childhood, and they did not get it; the arrangement was altered, as it were. In the end, it is still meaningless, but to take issue with something being changed like that, I don't think is idiocy. Misplaced I think would be a better way to describe it.

The No doesn't ruin the movie, but it does kind of ruin the scene. Seriously, a large part to the moment was the surprise to the Emperor of Vader's actions, but if he's screaming No first, then the Emperor is pretty stupid for not reacting. Maybe Lucas figures it fits with the No at the end of Revenge of the Sith.

Has Lucas ever said any of the post RotJ EU stories are cannon? If he hasn't, he can do whatever he wants, if he chooses to make them. If he has, then he's saved himself the time of creating story. Still, he's not going to make them.

I own 76 SW books and they all are supposedly approved my Lucas licensing prior to being able to be called SW books. There is actually a department that makes sure the books are plausible in the SW universe. As for if there is something more to make movies about...c'mon, it's a UNIVERSE!

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/uploads/monthly_09_2011/post-67055-0-12662300-1316391418_thumb.jpg

post-67055-0-12662300-1316391418_thumb.jpg

Edited by ivangela

I own 76 SW books and they all are supposedly approved my Lucas licensing prior to being able to be called SW books. There is actually a department that makes sure the books are plausible in the SW universe. As for if there is something more to make movies about...c'mon, it's a UNIVERSE!

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/uploads/monthly_09_2011/post-67055-0-12662300-1316391418_thumb.jpg

Damn, I just got a nerd boner. :P

Mr Lucas might want to consider doing a trilogy on Jacen Solo, Han and Leia's wayward Sith son from the Extended SW Universe books

If he can condense what happens in nine novels to three movies, I'll be highly impressed. I severely doubt he can do that unless he plans to do nine movies to better tell the story. Besides, I can't even think of an actress who could play the part of Mara Jade Skywalker. Carrie Fisher will have to be digitally added unless she can drop all that weight before then. At least Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford have aged appropriately for the parts.

It pains me whenever I see her nowadays. Thank god she hasn't worn that golden bikini.

Completely agree. She did a commercial a little while back saying she was going to drop the weight. I think it's called "Carrie Fisher Please Be Hot Again."