flareback

New Laptop

The company I'm thinking about joining wants everyone to have a windows laptop so I'm going to need to get one. Any recommendations for brands? Which ones to stay away from? I haven't bought a laptop in years so I haven't really kept up with what's good. It's just going to be used for email and word.

My wife has a Macbook pro and I really like the touchpad on it. Does anyone know if any pc's have touchpads like that or would I just have to buy a Mac and dual boot?

Get an ASUS EE PC netbook.

I had one for a year and I used it for the same thing as you. Works amazing, also they come with a 9 cell battery so battery life is about 8-12 hours. :biggrin:

Edited by Black6464

I agree with Black, if you are just going to be using it for email and MS Office, I would save some cash and get a netbook.

I have had my ASUS Eee PC for about 3 years now and it does exactly what I need it to do, browse the web, little photoshop, and word processor...

hope this helps

not very fun to work on that resolution and screen size though. will you have to travel with it every day? Give us a price range and possible uses so we can check for suitable options...

not very fun to work on that resolution and screen size though. will you have to travel with it every day? Give us a price range and possible uses so we can check for suitable options...

I'll travel with it a fair amount. I really don't want less than a 15" monitor. I'd like to keep it under $1500.

An i5 and GT540m combo do well... if you don't need it that powerful you can buy a Fusion laptop with 1.9Ghz quad... windows laptops are coming soon with thunderbolt with most likely intel chipsets... worth waiting for as they can run pretty much anything from SSD to GFX card...

Edited by Dan The Gamer

An i5 and GT540m combo do well... if you don't need it that powerful you can buy a Fusion laptop with 1.9Ghz quad... windows laptops are coming soon with thunderbolt with most likely intel chipsets... worth waiting for as they can run pretty much anything from SSD to GFX card...

I'll need the laptop within the next month or so.

I'll need the laptop within the next month or so.

Then one of those choices? Do you want a hardcore gaming one or what? Just get one with USB 3.0 and Sata...