What is your next pc component purchase?

neddamttocs

72 members have voted

1. 1. What is your next pc component purchase?

• Case
    • CPU
    • Video Card
    • Motherboard
    • HDD
    • SSD
    • PSU
    • RAM
    • CPU Cooler
    • Cooling Accessories
    • Other
    • All of the above

The number of writes is fairly small, nothing that will wear it out noticeably prematurely.

Good to know. This is one of the reason's I have heard its not wise.

Not having a page file at all can cause problems whenever a program expect it to be there. Photoshop, for example, has issues with this.

I was unaware of this. I use it occasionally. I didn't have any issues with it the last couple times I used it, but I wasn't doing anything major with it. Just cleaning some old photo's up.

I guess I'll turn it back on with a small amount allocated to the page file.

Don't turn off paging files, SSD's are barely affected by it, and you shouldn't ever be strapped for memory with DDR3 prices being so cheap these days, anyway.

I'm not strapped for memory. LOL In fact, my situation is quite the opposite. Which is why I disabled the page file in the first place. I have 12gb now, just ordered another 4gb for the hell of it, as it was only 20 bucks for some decent corsair mem (sodimm).

a bigger LCD/LED perhaps. using my 20" for less than a year and now seems having regrets why i didn't go with the 24" or more :doh:

I have a 23" and a 21.5", and I was kind of in a similar situation as you. I was wishing I had gotten bigger, but I'm now realizing that if I had, I simply would have run out of room. As it is, I'm on a fairly small desk, and I have my Astro Mixamp, Razer Lycosa, Razer Goliathus, dual monitors, and headset, and I have almost no room left.

I have a 23" and a 21.5", and I was kind of in a similar situation as you. I was wishing I had gotten bigger, but I'm now realizing that if I had, I simply would have run out of room. As it is, I'm on a fairly small desk, and I have my Astro Mixamp, Razer Lycosa, Razer Goliathus, dual monitors, and headset, and I have almost no room left.

you've got a pretty busy desk there, i guess my desk can take the 24" all the way to 32" long as i go single display mode.

have no plans with multiple displays anyway. sell the 20" or shelf it for future use.

DSC00216.jpg