neddamttocs

What is your next pc component purchase?

72 members have voted

1. 1. What is your next pc component purchase?

• Case
    • CPU
    • Video Card
    • Motherboard
    • HDD
    • SSD
    • PSU
    • RAM
    • CPU Cooler
    • Cooling Accessories
    • Other
    • All of the above

A graphics card... me and my siblings just got new computers but they're running on integrated graphics. We were originally going to purchase parts and build them ourselves (me..) but my father didn't want to have to deal with the logistics behind RMA'ing broken parts ordered online so we purchased pre-mades.

They're OK apart from the lack of a graphics card and quality power supply. An i5 2400, 8GB of RAM and fairly roomy case

Actually, I have $2400 in Computer Hardware sitting in boxes waiting for my Case to arrive. I know its not an Optimal time to build a new Rig, but it was neccessary for me.

Most likely, with the new Nvidia Cards just around the corner, I will take advantage of the price drop when new models debut and buy a second GTX580.

I need a new motherboard. I bought mine right before the ddr3 ram price dropped like crazy so now I am stuck with ddr2. It is also a am2+ board so once BD comes out I won't be able to upgrade later on.

My next purchase will be mobo, RAM, and CPU (most likely BD, but waiting on initial batches overclocking results to see which is the chip to get).

I put "Motherboard", but I guess CPU would have worked too.

Will be ordering a 2500K for my build, most likely tomorrow.

One of these three:

Case, RAM, CPU Cooler.

Depends on the bank balance and what i decide most necessary.

All of the above.

Hopefully wont be for another few months, unless BF3 does a serious number against my system :P

SSD - makes the single biggest difference to performance.

Having used SSD's in my work machine, it is just the difference between night and day. A fast procesor, or Crossfire GPU's may make the difference in games, but an SSD makes a difference in everything. Games, using office, etc. Just amazing! Problem is I need about 300GB of storage, and atm thats just too expensive in SSD terms.

I will be upgrading my ram from 12gb to 16gb. This will only cost me $25. Why?... No page file for me. I've been running with no page file for about a month and a half now with no issues, but I want to be on the safe side.

There are literally no benefits to not running a page file while there are several real drawbacks...

As for me.. I'm waiting on Bulldozer.