Temp monitor ?

insan3

i have the cooler master V8 cooler with Tuniq TX-3 TIM, yeah those are the actual reading as i was browsing.

okay, got these three monitors running now;

3temps.jpg

seems they all reads the same, what do you think?

about the NB?

quite a long story but will try to;

i have the MSI X58 Pro-E board, and i believe that most of us (global i guess) who owned those X58 series board from MSI had that NB high temps since day one we built our PCs due to crappie TIM that MSI used with our NB heatsinks.

i used to have a 76 deg C boot up temp and will reach as high as 90s for just browsing which left me worried. a friend suggested to mod/fix my NB heatsink like everybody does with their X58 boards.

you may read my story how i did it by scrolling down here

and some pics here showing that crappie TIM from MSI as i dissect my board;

the NB ;

CIMG2464.jpg

the South Bridge chip;

CIMG2465.jpg

NB & SB heatsinks;

CIMG2463.jpg

i took the risk to void my warranty doing that mod, and yeah i have the hesitation in the first place cause it was my first time doing such challenging stuffs. but seems everybody does it cause some even tried to contact MSI regarding with the issue but they never heard a word from them(MSI).

but i was glad to see how good it came out with my aggressiveness, what i know was; my NB temps now gone better.

what really puzzled me was the difference between the CPU temp with the Core's 1~4 at Aida64

and here's how she is today BTW;

1.jpg

Wow that some nice cable management whats the case and power supply??

I did a LOT of google searches on this subject. Not sure if it is the same for AMD but for Intel CPUs, Intel keeps the distance from Tjunction Max (TJMax) a secret so by default all temp monitoring tools are wrong. But some people have done extensive testing and modified some tools or provided approximate TJMax values to enter these tools to get as close as possible. Real Temp is a good example, the highest version on the website is 3.60 but there is a 3.67 on the web that is really just opitimized for Sandy Bridge processors. Only reason I found out about it is because some websites have OC Clubs and specifiy screenshots of Real Temp 3.67 to be included in their submital.

But all sites say the same thing - use multiple tools to be sure. The most popular ones seems to be:

- Real Temp

- Core Temp, and

- HW Monitor

(snip)

and here's how she is today BTW;

1.jpg

I am jealous of your wire management - mostly around your PSU. That is skill! What are you using to lock those wires down like that? Looks like a hard clamp instead of a ziptie or some such. Very professional looking!

I did a LOT of google searches on this subject. Not sure if it is the same for AMD but for Intel CPUs, Intel keeps the distance from Tjunction Max (TJMax) a secret so by default all temp monitoring tools are wrong. But some people have done extensive testing and modified some tools or provided approximate TJMax values to enter these tools to get as close as possible. Real Temp is a good example, the highest version on the website is 3.60 but there is a 3.67 on the web that is really just opitimized for Sandy Bridge processors. Only reason I found out about it is because some websites have OC Clubs and specifiy screenshots of Real Temp 3.67 to be included in their submital.

But all sites say the same thing - use multiple tools to be sure. The most popular ones seems to be:

- Real Temp

- Core Temp, and

- HW Monitor

I am jealous of your wire management - mostly around your PSU. That is skill! What are you using to lock those wires down like that? Looks like a hard clamp instead of a ziptie or some such. Very professional looking!

about my NB temps; though Intel claimed that the X58 chipsets can withstand way above 90 deg C temps :dunno:

but seems i cannot sit back and stay cool while my PC runs with a chipset temps that high... at least now it's gone better same with my CPU somehow.

and my thanks for the compliment! :biggrin:

way OT here, hoping i wont get warned for this :whistling: ;

yeah, those are hard/flexible clamps that comes with the chassis.

some old pics here;

clamps.jpg

did some mods with the sleeves here;

PSUmod.jpg

i am using HWmonitor and it works great, i also clean and added new fans to my loop so its push/pull. My temps dropped 12c @ 100% load.

nice drop there :thumbsup: what about idle tho?

Edit:

@sword_fish don't worry about the variation in temp between cores 1-4 that is very normal

Edited by Stonerboy779