plz help motorola Xoom vs iPad2 vs Galaxy Tab 10.1 ?

Satan_Unleashed

The iPad screen is OK , and moreover in terms of rendering vids it is more efficient as it graphic capabilities are gud.

But anyway i still dont like Apple, Apple is G@Y ... :P

I am so so confused, can no one give me a detailed comparison between XOOM and 10.1 , cause i am Bloody Confused ..:S

By detailed i mean the pro's and Cons of both. also looking at the accessories of both.

Which is the best outta the 2.

Guys help me out please.

Thanks

are you going to connect it to a TV ?!!

As I recall, Samsung's tab does not offer this kind of connectivity. the Xoom also as i recall does offer this connection.

in terms of sizes, if you are more comfortable with a bigger screen then go for the galaxy. In terms of colors, I do not think you will be able to notice the difference unless you use both right next to each other.

Between the Xoom and the Galaxy Tab 10.1, the 10.1 Tab wins hands down. Galaxy Tab 10.1 has HDMI out via an MHL adapter. When you throw in the iPad 2 into the mix, it comes down to what you're looking for software/applications wise. The iPad 2 has the upper hand for now in that department, but you will have to spend a lot more money to actually do anything worth while on the iPad 2. Android has a few software packages offered for free that can be used for productivity while iOS requires a bucket load of money to load up. Also the iPad 2 is packet with DRM up to the teeth, and iTunes will give you a hard time loading up your music collection/videos (that you own ofcourse), while Android will allow you to playback any content you can load on the internal memory or the SD card.

My personal preference is the Galaxy Tab 10.1, but if you have additional money to spend on applications (you CAN spend more then 1000$US on utter crap), you can get the iPad 2 also. Whichever you end up with, it is VERY important that you get the 3G enabled versions, internet on the go is incredible.

The reason why I like the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is because it can playback almost ANY type of media. For example I always rip every new CD in FLAC format, and the Tab will play it back without problems. Also I have some ANIME that usually comes in MKV form (a container, not a format, a sum of formats) and the Tab will play those back too (720p/1080p). The iPad 2 will fall on to it's face with FLAC and MKV, and iTunes will ask you to transcode those, costing you hours and hours of valuable time. Also it will reduce 1080p resolution to 720p and so on. The iPad 2 is a nice shiny toy, but it has HUGE flaws.

The Xoom is rubbish, trust me.

...but you will have to spend a lot more money to actually do anything worth while on the iPad 2. Android has a few software packages offered for free that can be used for productivity while iOS requires a bucket load of money to load up. Also the iPad 2 is packet with DRM up to the teeth, and iTunes will give you a hard time loading up your music collection/videos (that you own ofcourse), while Android will allow you to playback any content you can load on the internal memory or the SD card.

iOS offers quite a few free productivity apps as well and you will often find many (not all) developers create an app for iOS and Android and usually charge the same price between the two. Movies/TV shows from iTunes continue to use FairPlay DRM, however there is no DRM on the music (hasn't been since 2009). Though the best solution is Air Video (free/paid) which allows you to stream any content from your system to your iOS device.

(you CAN spend more then 1000$US on utter crap)

That is true on any app store, be it Android, iOS, WinMo, BlackBerry, webOS, etc. Well, maybe not webOS, I don't think there are $1000 worth of apps in the market. :lol:

The iPad 2 will fall on to it's face with FLAC and MKV, and iTunes will ask you to transcode those, costing you hours and hours of valuable time. Also it will reduce 1080p resolution to 720p and so on.

That is assuming you try to move the content through iTunes. There are options that allow you to play both FLAC and MKV on an iOS device. Though with the size of a FLAC file isn't really worth it on a mobile device (of any type) since you aren't likely to hear the audio difference. PC sure, tablet/phone no. Of course, if it is already in FLAC (as yours is) then it would suck to convert it... so best just to have an option that works. :)

The iPad 2 is a nice shiny toy, but it has HUGE flaws.

Every device has flaws. Every device has a target audience. No one device is right for everyone.

The Xoom is rubbish

I would agree with you here, but I know plenty of people that are happy with it (for whatever reason).

I would agree with you here, but I know plenty of people that are happy with it (for whatever reason).

Ok , But no one has given me a Solid thing to Y is this " Rubbish"

I will agree for sure , but the thing is that i need reasons to believe this..

Go use it.

I have Used it , for like 5 minutes each , the TAB and the Xoom. The only flaw i found was the Screen's brightness.

The positives go towards Xoom , Even all the websites those mentioned above , there is no fatal flaw u which you will find in the Xoom.

The Thing is that when ever i have to purchase some thing for my self i do a lot of R&D so , plz dont mind me asking so many questions... :)

Edited by Satan_Unleashed

I have Used it , for like 5 minutes each , the TAB and the Xoom. The only flaw i found was the Screen's brightness.

The positives go towards Xoom , Even all the websites those mentioned above , there is no fatal flaw u which you will find in the Xoom.

The Thing is that when ever i have to purchase some thing for my self i do a lot of R&D so , plz dont mind me asking so many questions... :)

You are answering your own question...

Everyone has posted their opinion of what they think is good.. Again, if you are willing to buy us the tab or xoom, please go ahead :P But again the main point is you are the one using it. They have said the good points and bad points..

You have mentioned you have used it for like 5 minutes each.. You found a flaw which matters to you which was the brigntness.. for me the brightness is fine..

So I suggest look at all the sites that d3bruts1d and also google it.. and look for yourself.. if you have any more questions about it ask here..

Hope that makes sense and I am not trying to be mean.. Sorry if it comes out that way...

You are answering your own question...

Everyone has posted their opinion of what they think is good.. Again, if you are willing to buy us the tab or xoom, please go ahead :P But again the main point is you are the one using it. They have said the good points and bad points..

You have mentioned you have used it for like 5 minutes each.. You found a flaw which matters to you which was the brigntness.. for me the brightness is fine..

So I suggest look at all the sites that d3bruts1d and also google it.. and look for yourself.. if you have any more questions about it ask here..

Hope that makes sense and I am not trying to be mean.. Sorry if it comes out that way...

There is nothing to be sorry about and this was not mean at all.

Lol. I know i am a bit confused i don't know y.

and i also know a lot of things about these tabs, and moreover i just wanted to know what the others think about it.

I feel i am a bit lost just by the thought of it :P

It is like 11:35 PM here , and I might go and get a XOOM tomorrow at-least that is what is in my mind right now...

I personally have the Asus Eee Pad (transformer) and if you can get it for the price it is sold here in canada (ie. about 150$ less then the XOOM) i'd say its the best choice on a budget. The screen is top notch, pretty much exactly like the ipad2, is light weight and has the option for the keyboard that turns it into a Android netbook, great for taking notes if you grab a decent word like app off the market.

The android tablet landscape is not very diverse, almost all the newer tablets run on the exact same hardware and the same software (very little custom tweaking) so the experience is much the same all around. What should help you decide is finding out which one you enjoy looking at, working with and holding and if any of the preloaded apps are things you'd actually use. I didn't really have a need for a tablet it was more a thing to play with so I went with the cheapest (price wise) one I could find, but I've got to say I prefer its display, design and weight to that of the XOOM.