Advise me a good motherboard

Hi everybody,

I'm looking forward to upgrade my motherboard, mainly to have a PCI-E 3.0 for a new video card as I use my desktop for gaming.

There are a lot of mb out there and I just don't know where to start looking :) .

Will I have issues to move the current CPU and its cooler to the new mb? (Specs in signature)

As for the price range everything not awfully expensive will be ok.

Thanks a lot.

Hi everybody,

I'm looking forward to upgrade my motherboard, mainly to have a PCI-E 3.0 for a new video card as I use my desktop for gaming.

There are a lot of mb out there and I just don't know where to start looking :) .

Will I have issues to move the current CPU and its cooler to the new mb? (Specs in signature)

As for the price range everything not awfully expensive will be ok.

Thanks a lot.

The bandwidth of PCI-E 2.0 is still not even maxed out by high end current cards, unless you find a mobo that offers the 3.0 without forcing much higher prices, it will be quite the waste. Get 3.0 when it becomes more standard. Plus your current gpu will have no performance boost from 3.0.

If you want to upgrade your mobo, upgrade the rest of your system too. Honestly you should just wait till bulldozer is out, get a new cpu and mobo then. Then in increments upgrade other things like gpu and ram but upgrading your mobo at this point, is just as usefull as burning money.

Thank you for the fast reply Stonerboy,

I totally agree with your arguments. I read that bulldozer should be realeased on market before the end of September. I guess I'll go for it...

What could then be a good mobo to pair with?

Thank you for the fast reply Stonerboy,

I totally agree with your arguments. I read that bulldozer should be realeased on market before the end of September. I guess I'll go for it...

What could then be a good mobo to pair with?

No idea yet, with it's release there will be some changes occurring with the cost of pre existing hardware, as well as the arrival of more am3+ boards hopefully, hold out till then.

No idea yet, with it's release there will be some changes occurring with the cost of pre existing hardware, as well as the arrival of more am3+ boards hopefully, hold out till then.

You, sir, are a sage.