Should I get a Tablet/Pad?

Fogel

• Storing Music (~daily use)
  • Movie Playr (infrequent use)
  • YouTube (~daily use)
  • Web Surfing (since I am restricted at work)
  • Maps / Nav (infrequent use)
  • Possible Games

No one can tell you what is best for you... they can only tell you what is best for the way they do things. That said...

Storing Music - I would do this on a phone rather than a tablet. If you want to listen to music on a tablet, I would suggest Pandora, Grooveshark, Spotify and similar services. The phone makes a better portable music player, while the tablet makes a better option to listen to something while doing work.

Movie Player / YouTube - The larger screen (and battery) makes this better for tablet.

Web Surfing - I do most of my at home surfing on my phone. It's also handy when you are somewhere and need to look up a quick bit of information. However, the larger screen on a tablet makes this a better option. Though some websites suck and you will still end up with a mobile site on a tablet.

Maps / Nav - This is really better for a phone.

Possible Games - I use both, but I tend to enjoy games on the phone more. The larger and heavier tablet tends to wear on you after a while.

Basically it comes down to what is most important to you...

- Screen Size = Tablet

- Battery Life = Tablet

- Weight = Phone

- Size = Phone

I am not an apple fan boy, but I have to say the ipad is superior to most if not all other tablets out right now.

dude i fear you are wrong , There are so many comparisons telling both Samsung 10.1 and Xoom are better than iPad2. I just don't understand y people favour Apple so much.

dude i fear you are wrong , There are so many comparisons telling both Samsung 10.1 and Xoom are better than iPad2. I just don't understand y people favour Apple so much.

:withstupid:

People just assume it's the best because of the high price or "clean" design.

FRIEND 1"- IPhone

"FRIEND 2"- A new laptop

"MYSELF"- a new Ipod

so much worthless hardware, a tablet is nothing more than an over glorified smart phone and a smart phone is nothing but a laptop with fewer features... all my rage

Oh boy, just gotta love you apple fanboys.

I love people who make broad generalizations! I have used every major tablet on the market for my job, and the simple truth of it is the iPad is the better option especially for productivity. I know it may be hard to accept that Apple makes good products, but well, they haven't sold millions of them because they suck. For what it's worth, I use my hacked TouchPad just as much as my iPad, so it's not like I am not open to competition from someone other than Apple.

If anything, you are the fanboy :)

Edited by imm0rt41

No one can tell you what is best for you... they can only tell you what is best for the way they do things. That said...

Storing Music - I would do this on a phone rather than a tablet. If you want to listen to music on a tablet, I would suggest Pandora, Grooveshark, Spotify and similar services. The phone makes a better portable music player, while the tablet makes a better option to listen to something while doing work.

Movie Player / YouTube - The larger screen (and battery) makes this better for tablet.

Web Surfing - I do most of my at home surfing on my phone. It's also handy when you are somewhere and need to look up a quick bit of information. However, the larger screen on a tablet makes this a better option. Though some websites suck and you will still end up with a mobile site on a tablet.

Maps / Nav - This is really better for a phone.

Possible Games - I use both, but I tend to enjoy games on the phone more. The larger and heavier tablet tends to wear on you after a while.

Basically it comes down to what is most important to you...

- Screen Size = Tablet

- Battery Life = Tablet

- Weight = Phone

- Size = Phone

Thanks, appreciate the response. Seeing as how you own all the products I was hoping that you would respond. Surprised you said the phone was better for Maps/Nav and Music.

FRIEND 1"- IPhone

"FRIEND 2"- A new laptop

"MYSELF"- a new Ipod

so much worthless hardware, a tablet is nothing more than an over glorified smart phone and a smart phone is nothing but a laptop with fewer features... all my rage

That is probably what the result will be. I told my first friend to stick with her phone. I told my friend to stick with his laptop.

Since I really don't want to throw so much money extra per mont I will probably just get a new MP3 player.