jlqrb

Seriously WTF

Clearly he thought you stole your son and wanted to continue to get beer with your stolen debit card :lol:

I knew a guy in Houston who used to do that to me for quite a while until he figured out I lived right across the street from him. Was the only store that sold Bawls within 3 miles of my house...I had to be on his good side o_0

I have know people like that. I just ignore them and give them the same treatment while I wait for them to run my card.

Maybe is is starting to suffer from a mental disease. Paranoia, Schizophrenia or some social disorder. Or he might have been suffering from a hangover caused by the over-consumption of Chinese tea. Who knows. But like you I'd take my business elsewhere.

I have been getting this treatment a lot lately as well, OP. I think it has more to do with this fear-driven society we live in more than anything. People simply are incapable of trusting one another anymore :(

Or pehaps,,,,,,,, he harbors a hidden racial, cultural, religious bias, that comes out once in awhile at the slightest deviation from the norm, or smallest of provocations. Yep it could be ya know. For Example: He probably thinks you are one of those liberal hippy freaks and cant afford to pay for his beer. Try going in dressed in your Sunday best and lay a Benjamin down on him to gage his reaction. Just sayin. :whistling:

Or pehaps,,,,,,,, he harbors a hidden racial, cultural, religious bias, that comes out once in awhile at the slightest deviation from the norm, or smallest of provocations. Yep it could be ya know. For Example: He probably thinks you are one of those liberal hippy freaks and cant afford to pay for his beer. Try going in dressed in your Sunday best and lay a Benjamin down on him to gage his reaction. Just sayin. :whistling:

Really? :lol:

Don't you think you guys might be overthinking it a little?

Maybe the guy just understood that you didn't have the money, so he took the beer off the counter, and stepped back thinking there was no reason to be right up on the counter.

You could also try asking him about it, if it's just a misunderstanding I'm sure he will be more than happy to talk about it. I'm not sure myself but something about instictual racist reactions seems a bit out there me.

Damn man, that guy sounds like a scumbag. mad.gif It's like, "I'm with my son, do I look like I'm gonna rob you?" cool2.gif

Damn man, that guy sounds like a scumbag. mad.gif It's like, "I'm with my son, do I look like I'm gonna rob you?" cool2.gif

Well duh, don't you know the best way to teach is to do?