jlqrb

Seriously WTF

Okay, so I walk into a local market, one of the small ones that is locally owned with the intent to buy a six pack. I have been going to this place regularly for nearly a year (once a week or so) and it is always only the owner working. I get the beer and try to pay he informs me that they don't take credit cards, so I say that I will try with my debit card, but since tomorrow is payday the funds might not be in there. He says okay and runs the card. It gets declined like I thought and said it might. Then he takes the six pack off the counter and steps back three steps without saying a word. He then moves his hand down as if he is positioning them toward something. Alarm, bat whatever. I say thank you and he says nothing. I walk out and then turn around and he is starring me down. I say thanks again, but again no response.

I just wanted to post this because I have been going there for a long time. He should know me and know that I don't have any ill intent and am just there to buy a beer. Especially when I am with my seven year old son. Seriously WTF is wrong with some people. He is a local small business and that is the only reason I supported him, but now I am going to drive the extra half block to get my beer.

Sorry, just wanted to vent

Wow!!!!

I guess he has been robbed a few times or something.

Maybe, but I would be surprised. He is first generation Chinese, so I know I shouldn't be mad because of the cultural differences, but still if you want to open a small business in America, especially with a gas station loaded with beer next door and a Whole Foods Market down the street get some customer service.

That's a little weird. In Bellevue, no less.

I know he is acting like he is in downtown Detroit or something. Bellevue is an extremely safe city. Hell most of the city works at Microsoft, and those that don't work in the tech field live about 30 minutes south of here where it is more affordable.

Maybe Bill Gates or Palmer robbed him. LOL

That Bill Gates guy has always looked shady. I mean, that hair cut and glasses just reek of a gang banger who robs small grocery stores. That owner must have had the Win98 gang or something stroll in one day. :lol:

It may be the desperation of the times. High unemployment rates and unemployment benefits running out make people do things they normally wouldn't do and he's experienced that of late. Or maybe he's just an butt.

I think you're all over reacting, he probably just watched Falling Down the night before and was a little bit paranoid.

Did you happen to wear a white short sleeved shirt with a tie when you went in? :P

I think you're all over reacting, he probably just watched Falling Down the night before and was a little bit paranoid.

Did you happen to wear a white short sleeved shirt with a tie when you went in? :P

LOL

I was wearing jeans a plain white tee and my kick ass Birkenstocks. Though my hair was a little messy from a nap =P

If I was going to pull a Falling Down I would have left my son at home