How much hard drive space in your main pc?

neddamttocs

78 members have voted

1. 1. How much hard drive space in your main pc?

• 80GB and below
    • 160GB
    • 320GB
    • 400GB
    • 640GB
    • 750GB
    • 1TB
    • 1.5TB
    • 2TB
    • 3TB
    • 4TB or more
  2. 2. Is it a latop or desktop?

• Desktop
    • Laptop

I said 3Tb but I have 2.5Tb 500Gb Caviar black 150GB OS partion and the rest for games. Then a 2Tb HDD with a 500GB backup partion for the WD 500GB with coppies of the media stored on the remaing 1.5Tb backed up on two external HDDs so I guess you could say 4.5Tb

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked 640gb. I've got a 128gb ssd for an OS drive, and a 500gb secondary in my laptop. As for externals, 3TB Seagate goflex, 1.5TB goflex (portable), 500gb goflex (portable) (all usb 3.0). I've also got a couple internal seagate 500gb drives with no cases that I can use with the goflex docks if I wanted. I also have an old 1TB WD Mybook esata/FW/usb2.0 that I never use.

Edited by sYstEmATiC

I've got the common 500Gb + 1Tb setup, I find 500gb is fine for the C: drive as it's just programs and it'll get formatted maybe once a year. 1Tb storage is the minimum I could use though, and it never crosses your mind that some file might be taking up lots of space.

(oh and I have just under 1Tb of backup that wasn't counted)

My main PC has a 120 Gig SSD for my OS< apps and games and a 60 Gig SSD for my data. Bother have over 50% free space. My experience is that most people suffer from hoarding when it comes to their PC. I have some family pictures, screen shots from software and game testing and then various drafts of articles as well as business documents and my business banking info and that is pretty much it for data I keep. I don't keep music, I use online radio for that with a few albums I really love as the exception. I do not keep any video, TV or movie other than a few videos from product reviews and other home movies. If I want to watch a show I use Hulu, Netflix or one of the networks own feeds.

For apps I keep Office, Adobe Audition and a few freeware picture editing apps. Of my games I usually only keep three that I play all the time and then one or two other sometimes. I also have a few games I am beta testing right now.

I was truly surprised when I realized how easy it is to live on smaller drives.