Rokkaholik

Another Ebay Prize Winner

I double/triple list things on different sites at times so I have a better chance of selling it.

FYI that's expressly forbidden when selling on Ebay...

Yep, and never have I had a single problem with a CL transaction!

But, you really can't blame Ebay for the idiots on Ebay! Now, if Ebay sided with the buyer on a situation like this, then you have every reason to be POed! But, it doesn't sound like that will happen. I have yet to have a problem selling anything on Ebay. Have I had buyers try to pull some BS on me, yes. But, Ebay has never sided with the other guy on any of my 1off situations. In my experience, they have always made the right call, at least so far they have :thumbsup:

I can think of 3-4 different transactions I've been involved in and they've sided with the buyer who had ZERO grounds. One of them involved me having to sell the same motherboard 3 times. The first buyer claimed it was singed/dead, although there was a pic of the BIOS screen in the auction with the Service Tag in it. I had to refund.

The second buyer claimed he couldn't get his Pentium D CPU to work in it, which I clearly stated in the auction that the boards came in a Dell Dimension 5100, 5150 and E510, BUT there were many different CPU's that were compatible or not compatible and then put the link to the Dell site which showed which CPU's would work with that specific board. He never read the description, but that was somehow my fault since I DID mention a E510. I had to refund. I called ebay up and bitched about these first 2 transactions and the stupid lady made the mistake about saying that "Buyers sometimes have Buyers Remorse. Eby is like a store and they can return things"... WaaTaaFaa? Not when my auction says NO RETURNS!

The third guy, before I ever even shipped, I had him tell me which CPU he planned on using and lucky for me, it was only one model number off from the one I used for testing, so I took a pic of it running again with the datestamp, took the money out of PayPal and transferred it to my bank and THEN sent the motherboard (I also marked the board). He got it and left me a positive feedback within 3 days.

FYI that's expressly forbidden when selling on Ebay...

Things aren't all listed on ebay... I sel locally, Craigslist, and some of my messageboards. Cash in hand to me, is better than risking shipping anything and having to deal with a scammer, but not to get sidetracked..... The buyer sent me this again this morning

I travel a great deal and the unit has been with the repairman for over a month. I just went by and picked it up on Thursday and got the bad news....

What can you do for me?

And my response

Sorry... I can't do anything. You should have contacted me right away if there was an issue. I spoke with an ebay rep today after recieving your message and they agreed that it's been too long now (46 days) and my returns/exchange policy is very clear. Every PC I sell gets tested before it gets boxed up or goes out the door and I know for a fact that it was working fine when it left here. If it got damaged in shipping, I cannot control that. Thats why I insure all my items for their auction value. If it was something you possibly did, I cannot control that either.

What a tool.... here's his newest and greatest threat

So just to make sure and give you a last chance before I push this further and escalate it upwards, you are saying there is nothing that you can do to make a fellow ebayer happy, make our situation positive, and further the good name of Ebay? I paid you in good faith, with good money, and the product you sent to me was inferior, either because of your shoddy packaging, (I have a signed and certified damaged package deliverance form from the date of delivery from the US Mail carrier), or was damaged prior to shipment. Is this your final say in the matter? I just want to give you a final chance so that later on you can't say that I tried to negotiate....

Apparently he hasn't understood the part where I told him I've spoken to ebay already and it's past the 45 day mark... And if it was "damaged" like he said when he got it, you'd think he would have notified me right away? And "shoddy" packaging? A completely triplewrapped bubblewrapped PC in a larger box surrounded by styrofoam and taped with heavy packing/shipping tape is "shoddy"?

This guy is a knothead... His name is isleofsunnysand if anyone here would like to block him

My final response:

As I stated, I already spoke to ebay about this... There's nothing that can be done via PayPal or Ebay as it's past the 45 day claim period. You already admitted that you brought it to a repair place over a MONTH ago without contacting me first. You took me out of the equation right there. If you would have contacted me right away, I would have helped you. If you had a signed damaged certificate from the US mail, then why didn't you contact me right away and why didn't you mention this in your first message to me??? If you read my returns policy, you'll notice that any damage done by the courier is not my issue. Thats why I INSURE all my packages for auction value. The PC left here in 100% working order. Every PC I fix or sell is plugged in and TESTED before I boxed it up or a customer leaves with it. Next time you buy something on ebay and recieve it, test it right away so you can resolve these issues ASAP.... not 6 weeks later. Cheers...
Edited by Rokkaholik

Even if this guy is a kind of tool. If you are selling regular as you seem to be doing you are more likely to encounter problems that arent really your fault and will make you look bad just by association. Just keep up with your High standards and it wont matter much if you get a couple points on your record. Id still buy from ya for what its worth... Ill take anyone 90% or higher without a blink.

Like I've said, I always take care of my people if it's within reason. If THEY screw something up, there's nothing I can do. If something I've sold someone starts to have issues due to a used part or whatever, I do my best to fix it and usually don't charge them to do it. If they bring me back a computer thats loaded with viruses due to them downloading crap via Limewire or a torrent, then I tell them it'll be $50 to start because it's not something I did. Same goes for things sold on ebay. Even if/when I have a NO RETURNS listing, ebay seems to side with a buyer most of the time anyway, so I've worked with people in the past depending on how they approach the situation. Calm, cool and collected usually gets the best response. But to be honest, 6 weeks later with a "I want money" message means crap to me...

and further the good name of Ebay?

Hahaha. I would have told this guy to get bent and then just ignored him. That schmuck is just trying to guilt trip you.

Hahaha. I would have told this guy to get bent and then just ignored him. That schmuck is just trying to guilt trip you.

That guys sounds like a troll to me to be honest. Its just by the book trolling, use stupid reasons and annoy the crap out of someone.

Now the knothead left me a NEG... and it didn't even have anything to do with what his original complaint was???

He NEVER sent the mouse & keypad-DO NOT do business w/him or you will be SORRY!

Thats odd... because this PC had it's original keyboard and mouse and both were wrapped and sent with the PC... I'm starting to wonder what this idiots mental capacity is...

On the phone with eBay Trust & Safety right now to see if his feedback can be removed.

Edited by Rokkaholik

Ebay is pathetic... Even after the guy looked through all the messages and then looked at the feedback left, he said there was nothing they could do because they only remove feedback if it has foul language or feedback extortion involved...

What about this tard waiting 46 days and then trying to extort $70 out of me? He left a NEG out of retalliation because I wouldn't give him money? It's all right there in the messages. Ebay screwed the sellers 7 ways from Sunday when they took the NEGs away from them. All the power is in the hands of the buyers now. I sell maybe 20% of what I used to on eBay just because of this fact.

feedback extortion involved...

How is that NOT feedback extortion?

eBay sucks so much...