Another Ebay Prize Winner

Rokkaholik

Got up this morning to find this in my e-mail from a past customer on ebay...

Just had to have the computer serviced to install a new hard drive...how can you make me a happy ebayer? The install cost $70 including labor and the computer guy tells me that the hard drive was crashed when it was shipped to me....

Seriously? Auction ended and was paid for on the 26th of JULY! It's 6 weeks later? What the hell has he been doing with the computer all this time? If the hard drive was "crashed" as his "computer guy" claims, then how did I install Windows on it to begin with? Why would he get a $43 computer (it was a 6 year old HP), and then put $70 of parts and labor on top of that into it without contacting the seller first to find out if I could resolve the issue?

So I called up eBay to find out if this tard could file a claim or whatever. The eBay rep (finally a smart one) looked at the auction, my NO RETURNS policy as well as auction description, and then asks ME, "why would he wait 6 weeks to contact you about a computer that supposedly wasn't working when he got it?"

So... I found out that I'm covered because the guy didn't file a claim within the 45 day period, which was my main concern. Now, for some stupid reason, eBay has a 60 day timeframe for leaving feedback. I questioned that because it seems as if this guy doesn't get his way, he may try and NEG me. The eBay rep noted on my account about this situation as well as the messages so if he does neg me, she said there'd be a good chance that eBay would pull the feedback due to the buyer waiting this long and the fact that my description was very clear. (i'll believe that when I see that)

THIS..... is why I've been selling on ebay less and less....... :angry:

Got up this morning to find this in my e-mail from a past customer on ebay...

Seriously? Auction ended and was paid for on the 26th of JULY! It's 6 weeks later? What the hell has he been doing with the computer all this time? If the hard drive was "crashed" as his "computer guy" claims, then how did I install Windows on it to begin with? Why would he get a $43 computer (it was a 6 year old HP), and then put $70 of parts and labor on top of that into it without contacting the seller first to find out if I could resolve the issue?

So I called up eBay to find out if this tard could file a claim or whatever. The eBay rep (finally a smart one) looked at the auction, my NO RETURNS policy as well as auction description, and then asks ME, "why would he wait 6 weeks to contact you about a computer that supposedly wasn't working when he got it?"

So... I found out that I'm covered because the guy didn't file a claim within the 45 day period, which was my main concern. Now, for some stupid reason, eBay has a 60 day timeframe for leaving feedback. I questioned that because it seems as if this guy doesn't get his way, he may try and NEG me. The eBay rep noted on my account about this situation as well as the messages so if he does neg me, she said there'd be a good chance that eBay would pull the feedback due to the buyer waiting this long and the fact that my description was very clear. (i'll believe that when I see that)

Dude, that's exactly why I gave up on eBay all together, it's just way to blow up now with idiots trying to buy things and boot ya for it when they don't get there way like little babies, UGH. mad.gif

Edited by MJCRO

I had perfect feedback until 2 months ago when some tard hit Buy It Now on my Canon digital camera 5 minutes after a person from craigslist came and bought it. He left me a NEG, even though I explained the situation. His poor feelings were hurted I guess... As for this guy and other customers, I always take care of my customers if it's within reason. If he would have contacted me a week after getting it and told me the issue, I would have dealt with it. But 6 weeks later? It's safe to assume that he screwed it up somehow. The hard drive passed the test without any bad sectors, so I'm going with that. Maybe it got zapped? Still not my fault...

I had perfect feedback until 2 months ago when some tard hit Buy It Now on my Canon digital camera 5 minutes after a person from craigslist came and bought it. He left me a NEG, even though I explained the situation.

You do realize that this was completely your fault right? You NEVER double-list items for sale...especially when dealing with eBay.

You do realize that this was completely your fault right? You NEVER double-list items for sale...especially when dealing with eBay.

I've done it and I have sold a lot on craigslist and eBay and on here/other forums. Just gotta be sure that if you have it up on eBay you take it down before meeting up with someone. If you don't then this kind of stuff happens.

I double/triple list things on different sites at times so I have a better chance of selling it. Usually I have it pulled from ebay before the person even gets here if they're from Craigslist, but the chick showed up an hour early. I've never had that issue before

and the fact that my description was very clear.

yup rok i feel your pain, ebay been buggin for a long time ...i don't sell there anymore unless i absolutely have to ...a couple of months back, i sold my wifes lg quantun c900 w7 fone on there ...it was exactly 2 days old (new to us) when she realized we didn't need it for our business, but since it had been set up by the att tech at the store, and the sim card info from her previous phone had not been erased (my mistake) the buyer made a stink about it not being new... was a big a$$ hassle,,, it eventually ended up ok but jeez...

You let people come to your house? :O

Yep, and never have I had a single problem with a CL transaction!

But, you really can't blame Ebay for the idiots on Ebay! Now, if Ebay sided with the buyer on a situation like this, then you have every reason to be POed! But, it doesn't sound like that will happen. I have yet to have a problem selling anything on Ebay. Have I had buyers try to pull some BS on me, yes. But, Ebay has never sided with the other guy on any of my 1off situations. In my experience, they have always made the right call, at least so far they have :thumbsup: