Home Theater Receiver.

Psywar

Amazon refunded the cash. So now I am back in the market again. lol!

I post up what I am looking at. Let me know what you guys think.

Looking at this guy:Onkyo TX-NR509 5.1

But 4+ reviews it had all had issues or something to say about the HDMI input/output. So that kind of scares me.

Anyone have this guy or used it?

Also looking at: Yamaha RX-V371BL5.1

It has very little reviews. Though on the upside it has more 5star reviews than 3,2,1 combined. lol!

I also have been considering this guy: Denon AVR-1312 5.1

The only thing I noticed that could be bad about this one is: It is rated @ 75watts

*75 watts per channel (20Hz-20kHz, 8 ohms, .08% THD), 110 watts per channel (1kHz, 6 ohms)

I believe my satellites were 100w @ 8ohms.

You think this would still work well?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't get too hung up on the power rating of the Denon. What's important is clean, clear and pure power - all of which the Denon receivers are revered for. All three of the receivers you listed are dandies, but there may have been an engineering, manufacturing or quality problem with this latest batch of Onkyos, leading to the repeated complaints of HDMI issues. That would scare me away from that one - especially considering you just got done with one return. So for me that would narrow it down to the Yamaha or Denon. Either of which I'd be happy to own.

But, of those two I'd personally pick the Yamaha. It's got a great feature set and nice price to performance ratio.

It's on sale at Newegg by the way for the same price as Amazon + free shipping :)

Yamaha and Denon both make quality receivers. Don't worry about the 10 watts different. Remember the wattage is controled with your volume control. You can hook up 1000 watts to your 100 watt speakers. As long as you don't turn the volume up to a distorted level, you're fine. And different manufacturers can rate their amplifiers and speakers in different ways. And! The wattage is directly related to the ohms, and the ohms fluctuate constantly during playback. So, again, don't go crazy overboard in case you or someone accidently has the volumne at max when you turn it on, but certainly don't ever worry about 10w

Coolio, Thanks guys!I'll check both the Yamaha and Denon out a bit more when I get home.Figure out which one is more for my needs in terms of extra features.I let ya'll know how it turns out lol!

I bet the little Chinese kid who made that cable cut the wires to length with a dull cutting tool. So the ends inside are all frayed anyways and you wont get top speed with it lol!

BTW: I ordered that Yamaha Receiver I posted above. Now we wait.

• 3 weeks later...

So I forgot about this thread:

I ended up getting: Yamaha RX-V371BL 5.1

It arrives at the house about 2 weeks ago maybe. I hook it up, plug in the speakers and BAM!.... works like a charm! no fuss, no butts, no coconuts..

So all I have to say is I love it! First thing I did was tuned it all up. Slapped in Swordfish on Blu-ray.. Turned the Volume up and watched the Opening Scene from the movie..

WooooooWeee!! I loved it!

So I just wanted to say Thanks again to all you guy's who stuck it out with me and helped me troubleshoot that last piece of junk I bought! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction for the new Theater System!

Thanks!