Home Theater Receiver.

Psywar

I got that stuff above set.

I went to the AV forums as well and I did not find anything useful. I used my Ohm Meter to make sure I had some signal coming out of the speaker terminals and I did get a reading.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you have any other speakers you could try? Just to confirm the AMP works?

Or perhaps a buddy who has an AMP you could test your new speakers on?

If you are getting readings @ the speakers it sounds like something is being send by the amp.

Yeah I can give that a go. I wont be able to get on that until the weekend though.

I kinda gave up on it lol. I spent yesterday and about 4 hours today trying to get it to work. I am about to RMA lol!

Get a 9v battery and test each speaker individually - just tap the leads to the terminals. If the speakers are in the least bit working you'll hear them pop quite loudly. DO NOT hold the leads on the battery - just tap them.

You check your speaker impedences and the receiver's setting? They should be directly marked on the speakers themselves.

If in doubt, the manual should at least tell you what all those damn options are :thumbsup:

I need to go back through the manual. I don't recall seeing any settings to change for that. I will give it a look here in a few mins.

Get a 9v battery and test each speaker individually - just tap the leads to the terminals. If the speakers are in the least bit working you'll hear them pop quite loudly. DO NOT hold the leads on the battery - just tap them.

All 5 speakers work, or should work, and so do my reflexes lol!

I need to go back through the manual. I don't recall seeing any settings to change for that. I will give it a look here in a few mins.

All 5 speakers work, or should work, and so do my reflexes lol!

:teehee: @ reflexes... I bet the first one was pretty surprising (especially with just a battery, right?)

My 8 year old Pioneer has settings for speaker impedance. It shouldn't affect whether or not you get a response from the speakers, but they shouldn't play nice. Low impedance speakers may trip some electronics (but that might only really happen at higher output)...IDK anything about your speakers, though...they could be a "typical" 8 ohms.

Bare minimum, the manual should walk you through a quick install. Beyond that, don't bother looking for burnt fuses, just RMA the sucker :popcorn:

Yeah something is jacked.

So I screwed around with it a bit more. I set the Blu-ray player on the internet to stream Pandora Radio.

I got the Right Front Speaker working. I plugged all 5 speakers in and I got a good sound.

None of the other terminals are outputting sound though.

So yeah I think the Receiver is shot. So.. I will be looking for a new one soon haha!

Yeah something is jacked.

So I screwed around with it a bit more. I set the Blu-ray player on the internet to stream Pandora Radio.

I got the Right Front Speaker working. I plugged all 5 speakers in and I got a good sound.

None of the other terminals are outputting sound though.

So yeah I think the Receiver is shot. So.. I will be looking for a new one soon haha!

If you can stand using a separate decoder (which I also have) I have a Marantz 5.1 receiver under my bed collecting dust...

Try your RMA and if that fails gimme a shout.