32 bits vs 64 bits pc gaming

yamilegend

Okay there are some older games that will not run correctly under 64 bit but they are really old and usually not that hot to begin with. Personally I would not use a computer today with 32 bit OS.

Can you be saying Morrowind isn't worth it...

Morrowind is amazing albeit the poly count of a cell has got to be about 5. Well that's before major mods retexturing and new meshes as well as some awesome shaders and distant land. All of which I can just run at 60fps on maxed settings with a 15 cell distant land load. The hours I have spent to get it running tip top on my 64bit windows have most defiantly worth it and modding it further is a great pastime of mine.

Can you be saying Morrowind isn't worth it...

Morrowind is amazing albeit the poly count of a cell has got to be about 5. Well that's before major mods retexturing and new meshes as well as some awesome shaders and distant land. All of which I can just run at 60fps on maxed settings with a 15 cell distant land load. The hours I have spent to get it running tip top on my 64bit windows have most defiantly worth it and modding it further is a great pastime of mine.

Any chance you have a list of the mods and config you use? :cheers:

Any chance you have a list of the mods and config you use? :cheers:

To start of I suggest go fresh install and go to Morrowind overhaul 2011 they have their files on pes I think. Then from there you can tailor your game with the mods they have accumulated into one pack.

From that point add more mods fix load orders even create your own mods as I have done. One thing I am doing when I get skyrim is attempting a port of a dragon.

If you have any issues feel free to pm me my biggest issue was with the Morrowind.ini file and some missing lines from archives and I had to manually repair it after every time I ran the graphics extender set up I think.

Also I strongly advise get a cd crack/patch skidrow is a good one. Or you could do what I did before I patched and hacked the boot orders and altered the tutorial because of a scratch on my disc.

If you get Morrowind modded you won't recognize it or rather you will but you'll be amazed that it is so old a game.

just have an old pIII or P4 with win2k/XP on it in the closet to take out when you want to go old style. preferrably a laptop since it is easier to handle. Thats what i did a few months ago. i got an old Intel 486laptop to play old DOS games on :rolleyes:

Also compatibility mode in W7 x64 Ulti is actually working fine for me.

Okay there are some older games that will not run correctly under 64 bit but they are really old and usually not that hot to begin with. Personally I would not use a computer today with 32 bit OS.

I agree