Contest product idea's

Bosco

What do you want for a contest  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Pick something

2 years and you haven't replaced them, I do believe you should treat yourself to your own Christmas present this year.

I would, but D5000's are so expensive it's ridiculous. I simply cannot afford them, even if I had a job. They're LITERALLY a month's rent. I only got them originally as a present from my entire family chipping in, as well as myself chipping in. I was pretty devastated when they were stolen.

I might pick up a pair of Beyerdynamic DT880's, though. The Razer's aren't BAD by any means (especially considering I picked them up for $35 in a TigerDirect clearance sale), but they don't hold a candle to high-quality audiophile grade headphones, especially in the ear fatigue area. I'll need to pick up a new DAC as well.

Right now, though, I'm more concerned with getting a new motherboard, as I'm going through Starcraft 2 withdrawals. :(

Edited by iskout

I would, but D5000's are so expensive it's ridiculous. I simply cannot afford them, even if I had a job. They're LITERALLY a month's rent. I only got them originally as a present from my entire family chipping in, as well as myself chipping in. I was pretty devastated when they were stolen.

I might pick up a pair of Beyerdynamic DT880's, though. The Razer's aren't BAD by any means (especially considering I picked them up for $35 in a TigerDirect clearance sale), but they don't hold a candle to high-quality audiophile grade headphones, especially in the ear fatigue area. I'll need to pick up a new DAC as well.

Right now, though, I'm more concerned with getting a new motherboard, as I'm going through Starcraft 2 withdrawals. :(

Oh damn I forgot your mobo kicked the bucket not good at all. The unfortunate thing about audio, once you spend a bit of time using something high end, it's hard to downgrade yourself.

• Like 2

He doesn't need that when he has us though. lol2.gif

I voted for graphics cards, but I'd be happy with SSD's as well. The only problem I have with memory, motherboard, and CPU giveaways is that if you win, it usually entails building a completely new rig or selling the stuff you won, unless it's compatible with what you have.

^ This.

Oh damn I forgot your mobo kicked the bucket not good at all. The unfortunate thing about audio, once you spend a bit of time using something high end, it's hard to downgrade yourself.

Very much agreed. I went from using those to a pair of Astro A40's, and I realized just how bad they are, ESPECIALLY considering their $200 pricetag. The Razer Carcharias is a solid pair, and they sound better than the A40's, but it's just not the same.

When I said "crappy", I wasn't merely using that term because they were 2.0. I believe these are still the ones from my Compaq computer 12 years ago.

Good point. :lol: I'd still take a good 2.0 set versus a 2.1 set...even though my desktop has a 2.1 set running on it. :P