win7 upgrade

dling

I was able to get win7 home pro. from Microsoft as an upgrade from Vista 64 to download at the student price(35.00) I have a child in collage so we used her info. Anyways I download

and burned it to a disk(iso bootable) the problem is that it does not see either of my drives. Its asking for some other media disk to load drivers. :huh: What I dont understand is it does not even give you the

choice of upgrade or custom . How could be a upgeade if it needs some other media ? :huh: Its just install, then I get the pop-up saying it needs the media disk. :angry: Have any of you gotten win7 this way?

Your copy is a bad burn. Reburn it. Happened to me to on my upgrade form vista to 7. (this is a legal copy by the way right? :erm:)

I hope its legal, Microsoft billed my CC for the funds. I will log back into the account to see if I can re-burn it. fingers X.

BTW did you also go through the Microsoft web site ?

I hope its legal, Microsoft billed my CC for the funds. I will log back into the account to see if I can re-burn it. fingers X.

BTW did you also go through the Microsoft web site ?

Yes, but didn't you save a copy on your PC?

Edited by Black6464

You should be able to download an .iso directly from Microsoft, then burn it to a disc.

Once installing, use the product key they provided and there you go!

Heck you could even use an "illegal" torrent of Win7 x64 Home Edition and just use your key to legalize!

I was on with tech support last night till 10pm , down loaded a new file. Got the same message. : :vmad:

I was told to wait for the backup disk to come in the mail and try it. :down: We will see. Many fingers X