Startup Repair Failure Loop

Scott P

I was using the laptop the other night and it asked to install an update I did so, but it then warned me to plug the computer in so it could continue the update. The cord was in the other room, so I hit cancel thinking I would do it when I plugged it in. The next time used it, it started up and went into a startup repair loop. It says "Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically"

Problem Signature

Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline

Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 03: unknown

Problem Signature 04: 21201067

Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover

Problem Signature 06: 17

Problem Signature 07: CorruptFile

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

I've also tried System Restore. I've selected multiple dates, but none of them will install as it says the file is corrupt. I even tried making a System Repair Disc from my other computer, but the laptop won't even boot from it. The memory tested ok. I have some files I would prefer not to lose in the event of a fresh install. Is there anything I can do to this machine?

the F8 will re-install whats on the recovery partition proving it is still there....so if its vist thats what it does....

If not then pop in the win7 install disk or flash drive and recover it that way....there is an option right at the main install prompt

I have the drive out and hooked to the esata port on my main computer. I recovered my files, so now it will go back in and be subject to F8.

As a bonus, when I started my computer this morning, I got an alert from eset that it had the olmarik.ajl trojan that couldn't be removed. A full scan said it was detected and removed, but I haven't had the guts to restart the machine yet.