What a difference

nickk47

Well this is my first time looking at the before & after temps of my components after I cleaned it.

The result gave me a shock. The computer has not been dusted off for around 5-6 months. Case is Antec 900 with ALL fans minus the side.

Before:

System: 36 C

CPU: 30 C (this isnt the "core temp")

GPU: 44 C

After:

System: 32 C

CPU: 28 C

GPU: 35 C ( HOLY COW KING! A 9 celcius difference )

The temperatures speak for itself. Clean your computers at least once in 6 months!

• Like 1

Well this is my first time looking at the before & after temps of my components after I cleaned it.

The result gave me a shock. The computer has not been dusted off for around 5-6 months. Case is Antec 900 with ALL fans minus the side.

Before:

System: 36 C

CPU: 30 C (this isnt the "core temp")

GPU: 44 C

After:

System: 32 C

CPU: 28 C

GPU: 35 C ( HOLY COW KING! A 9 celcius difference )

The temperatures speak for itself. Clean your computers at least once in 6 months!

I did not look at the temps before and after either. You have fired curiosity in me :D

Indeed

dirty_pc2.jpg

imagine the difference these components will experience after getting cleaned up. I remember seeing a photo of a Case with a dead cockroach inside of it :blink:

how could possibly get inside that case under the assumption that it was not opened ?!

Edited by N.E.A

Ewwww that thing wasnt probably cleaned in 5 years or something haha.

I challenge someone to post their before & after temps after cleaning it tonight! ( If you haven't cleaned it in 4-6 months)

Ya know nickk,

your thread reminded me to look at the gamer I built for my daughter about 5 months ago. despite buying her a three pack of canned air....her HD 5850 looks like its wearing a sweater :angry:

I've been really lazy with the cleaning of my pc the last year. Only two small dustoffs. I'm going out today to buy some compressed air and stuff. Looking forward to cleaning it up though :)

I'm also getting two MSI 580 frozr cards to switch out with my old 480's. I have to give them a warm welcome with a nice and clean system!

Edited by hawkin90