51 members have voted

1. 1. Well, Do you?

• Yes, anytime I can
    • Sure, if they come to my work/school and I have time
    • No, not usually - but I have before
    • No, but I would if they were around me
    • Screw that, needles suck!
    • Can't give for special reasons.

I used to, gave blood about 30 times I think, but gave up about ten years ago when I had to have a yellow fever jab when working in Nigeria which stopped me it the time and I never started again.

I voted the scary needles thing, I'm not actually scared of needles but I just choose to not give my blood so I figured that option was closest to my answer.
:withstupid: Not many "no" choices to choose from, so I went with that, but I have absolutely no phobia of needles or anything. I've been in the hospital before where I've been stuck with needles (IV/blood) every hour, so I feel I've been stuck enough for a lifetime already.

Well I could say that you need another answer for "Yea, everytime I work on my computer" :thumbsup:

I wish I could give but they just can't get the stuff out of me. Just as soon as they stick that needle in, my veins collapse and say "no way"! Go figure though that when I get a cut or cut myself shaving then it will bleed for a long time.

I have tried several times to give but it never works. They tell me it has some wierd long technical name that I don't remember now.

God Bless those who can give though to help others who need it.

Cant, for various reasons and wouldn't anyway as i have a phobia of needles. At least i have a phobia of being jabbed with a needle, the nurse i had when i was in Emergency was horrible, i am sure she took her bluntest needle and purposefully dug in the wrong place. Then decided to take 6 blood samples for 1 test???

Mainly the problem is having lived in the UK, mad cow disease knocks me off eligibility.

I ran the blood drive at my high school for two years -- but since I've been in college I haven't given but once more. I tried last spring here at Clemson since they always come through campus, failed at it though, pulse was too high. :P

Cant, for various reasons and wouldn't anyway as i have a phobia of needles. At least i have a phobia of being jabbed with a needle, the nurse i had when i was in Emergency was horrible, i am sure she took her bluntest needle and purposefully dug in the wrong place. Then decided to take 6 blood samples for 1 test???

Mainly the problem is having lived in the UK, mad cow disease knocks me off eligibility.

Nurse being bad at sticking happens all the time, and some when they're in a bad mood, which is totally justified because SCREW OFF, ETHICS! And our ER's standing order is five or six tubes for all blood draws.

I hear you on the needles though. I can stick IVs all day long without a problem, but I have to look away when getting stuck myself. I just don't like seeing things go into my body like that.

but I have to look away when getting stuck myself. I just don't like seeing things go into my body like that.

That's what she said! :D

Here's to hoping I don't regret saying that tomorrow. :cheers:

i would but i cant. i was born in europe in '89, its got something to do with mad cow. all i know is i cant.

edit: this

Edited by bilcliff

I am unable to. I was stuck by a dirty hypodermic needle when I was taking out the trash.