• No, but I would if they were around me
    • Screw that, needles suck!
    • Can't give for special reasons.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No go. Born in Subsaharan Africa.

I'm an RN in ICU (a nurse) and we (nurses) don't draw blood in our hospital. They have phlebotomists for that and they're not nurses or anything special that requires any schooling, only a little training. Most hospitals in the US are like that and use phlebotomists. Nurses do put in IVs though :evilgrin:

they won't let me since i was in the UK during madcow outbreak in like 98 or something. i guess they think 13 years later im a carrier?

kinda stupid if you ask me. i know who go to give blood drunk, all drugged up but they won't use me because i was telling the truth.

Edited by hornybluecow

I had Hepatitis once. Not sure which one, but had it. So once i remember that i asked someone from bloodbank. They said you cant. So saves me the pain :P. I dont even know my blood type... still.

waht?

you donate blood for yourself? before surgery?

hahaaha what??

It is pretty common for people with health abnormalities and rare blood to stockpile their own blood at a hospital for their use only if they know they will need it in the near future.

Every 3 months. There is a united blood services near me. They always call me because there is something about my blood they like because they can give it to babies. I think because it is CMV negative or something like that.