51 members have voted

1. 1. Well, Do you?

• Yes, anytime I can
    • Sure, if they come to my work/school and I have time
    • No, not usually - but I have before
    • No, but I would if they were around me
    • Screw that, needles suck!
    • Can't give for special reasons.

Just wondering how many people here give blood. I give blood whenever I can if its convenient. I won't go out of my way to donate, but if I'm somewhere that a "blood bus" is, I'll step in if I have time. For example, they are at my office today and I gave a few hours ago.

What about ya'll?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey dude, you should add the option "I can't". There are many reasons you cannot give blood. Homosexuals, americans who lived in Europe for more than 5 years, those who previously had a blood transfusion and more cannot.

I personally needed a blood transfusion at some point so myself I can't.

Can't give ADDED :)

Me I try to give when I can though they do them in the town I work in its usually not near my work. I actually enjoy watching them stick the needle in and watching the vial fill I think its cool, but I could just be a lil weird lol

Hey dude, you should add the option "I can't". There are many reasons you cannot give blood. Homosexuals, americans who lived in Europe for more than 5 years, those who previously had a blood transfusion and more cannot.

I personally needed a blood transfusion at some point so myself I can't.

^Good call on that, I had forgotten. A girl in our office lived in the UK during like '90 to '00 (apparently the mad cow scare or something) so she can't give. Thanks bish for adding it

I want to eventually try to give again, I've given once but the second time I went to give the nurse couldn't find the vein and was just digging around with the needle point under my skin. It was safe to say I wasn't too interested in giving for a while.

I voted the scary needles thing, I'm not actually scared of needles but I just choose to not give my blood so I figured that option was closest to my answer. I'm actually not sure if I can give blood or not though, probably can, i don't know of any reason for why I couldn't.