Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

edwardquilo

Um, not sure where you're getting your info, but CSS has never had its graphics updated.

it has, half life 2 deathmatch as well. Not a major upgrade but basically css and hl2dm used the dated engine from half-life 2, then earlier this year they updated css with the engine from hl2ep2 i believe which had better graphics and shadows. Like I said, it's not a big update that didn't really serve any real purpose except make the game have higher requirements. Literally the only new things are the slightly updated graphics, achievements, a new score screen, better surround sound and kill cam. They had a whole BETA phase of the game where you downloaded css beta and it was separate from the original at the time. Such a waste of time.

Edited by sack_patrol

it has, half life 2 deathmatch as well. Not a major upgrade but basically css and hl2dm used the dated engine from half-life 2, then earlier this year they updated css with the engine from hl2ep2 i believe which had better graphics and shadows. Like I said, it's not a big update that didn't really serve any real purpose except make the game have higher requirements. Literally the only new things are the slightly updated graphics, achievements, a new score screen, better surround sound and kill cam. They had a whole BETA phase of the game where you downloaded css beta and it was separate from the original at the time. Such a waste of time.

Just because an engine gets updated doesn't mean the graphics get updated. The graphics were never updated. The only thing related to graphics that was updated was better handling of HDR.

The graphics were never updated. Only thing that was updated was the engine and some of the mechanics of the game. I played lots when that patch went live, no change in graphics at all.

The graphics were never updated. Only thing that was updated was the engine and some of the mechanics of the game. I played lots when that patch went live, no change in graphics at all.

in any case, it doesn't really change the fact that their new game won't be worth it's price or most people's time no matter what graphics they put considering that the previous games work perfectly fine and don't really need a remake. It's just redundant but yea... their time and moneys so whatever.

Then again it could be a plan to keep Gabe from spending all of that cash on cheeseburgers.

in any case, it doesn't really change the fact that their new game won't be worth it's price or most people's time no matter what graphics they put considering that the previous games work perfectly fine and don't really need a remake. It's just redundant but yea... their time and moneys so whatever.

Then again it could be a plan to keep Gabe from spending all of that cash on cheeseburgers.

While I still love CSS, it's lack of better graphics, better mechanics, and more strategy turn me off from the game. I haven't played in a year. Like I said before, this could be testing the waters to see if their is still lots of support. PLUS, with a better performing engine, you can do a lot more mods.

I would play CS:GO if the only update was graphics, just because I would FREAKING LOVE to play the zombie maps with real looking military and real enough looking zombies. CS zombies & games > CoD zombies & games. Lol

You can look at CS:GO as a experimental update. They are merging popular competitive features from the MOBA genre. DOTA 2 uses the standard 5 vs 5 ELO Rating Matchmaking, the same type of system they are implementing with CS:GO.

Valve previously stated they will be trickling down features used for DOTA 2 to all the Valve games and then to those who develop on Steam (demo recording, replays, stats tracking, community creation/sites, and etc).

This is how game development goes, no matter how small or big it is. DICE wanted to make BF3 ages ago, but they didn't have the tech so they worked on that tech creating BC1 and BC2, until they were finally ready.

Edited by Krazyxazn

All I know is CS got me into PC gaming, building, upgrading, and overclocking :biggrin: Gosh I freaking loved that game when it came out! I also loved CS:CZ and played it pretty consistantly up until about 2-3 years ago, even though it was an older game by then! I just really liked the multiplayer and the many friends I met through it. CSS was disappointing at 1st. Although the graphics were much improved over CS:CZ, I felt like the game play suffered, that and originally the hit boxes were freaking huge! But, I am excited about a new installment of the CS mod, and as long as the price tag is reasonable, I will prob have to add it to my Steam library. However, I will still need to go to L4D2 anonymous and get some help to stop playing ;) I will be in big trouble when L4D3 hits :ph34r:

ITT: people being crybabies. :P

I know I'm not the best person to say this sort of thing but you really don't have to play this, or even consider it for that matter. This isn't some crappy BF or CoD game, you don't have to worry about Valve making CS or CSS crappy in order to increase sales on their next titles like all the other shooter developers out there. So just chill out, wait, and see what it's like, if you don't like it, you can still play CSS, I doubt that game will ever go out of style.

+1

I still play CSS gungame and still find myself, more often than not, having to wait in queue to join my favourite servers.

It's taken valve how long exactly to release a new counterstrike? 7 years?

When was the last COD? 6 months ago?

Atleast valve can make FPS's that last longer than the year they were released in.

I just don't see how CS is relevant anymore. It started out as being the "realistic" shooter, but that just isn't the case anymore - the maps are too small, the weapons are less believable than similar games, and the graphics are badly dated. I played TONS of CS and CSS, but I can't see any reason why I'd want to play this when it comes out.

I just don't see how CS is relevant anymore. It started out as being the "realistic" shooter, but that just isn't the case anymore - the maps are too small, the weapons are less believable than similar games, and the graphics are badly dated. I played TONS of CS and CSS, but I can't see any reason why I'd want to play this when it comes out.

I would say the maps have a pretty decent size to them, sizable enough to where sniper rifles would be handy, I think that's large enough. Honestly though, it's a counter terrorist game, the whole idea is that there are terrorists holed up in a building with hostages or a bomb and you have to be all special forces with falshbangs and stuff. It's really not intended to be long range combat, although it is because of things like the AWP.

Not sure what to say about weapons, it's a little vague the way you said it, similar games could be taken any number of ways really. I mean if by similar games you meant the entire FPS genre, then you'd be comparing weapons that really can't be compared. However if you mean similar games as in only games with terrorists, then, well I don't know, I really don't think it makes sense to compare them like that even. Each game's weapons really depend on the playing style I think, CSS weapons are like a science to some people, they practically memorize the patterns of the bullet sprays and move their crosshair accordingly. With L4D the guns are far more accurate than what they probably should be, especially considering what kind of people are using them, but it's kind of important to do that because you have hordes of zombies swarming you, you can't afford to have a bunch of bullets not hitting 30 enemies because that would ruin the game and zombie feel.

Only noobs care about graphics, games are meant to played, not looked at, movies are meant to be looked at, make movies pretty.

The truth is you just enjoy other games more than CSS, it's no reason to belittle CSS though.