Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

edwardquilo

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'd like to say that this is gonna be a sucky game but it looks okay apart from it being ported on to the consoles... not that it's going to be as playable as on the PC but I would have liked it to stay a PC exclusive like it has always been.

I know it's really early to nit pick but I gotta say that the grenades look terrible compared to CSS.

New buy menu is going to be crap imo since it's always been the way it is now .. and then suddenly a whole new menu that's going be annoying to get used to. Those who can use the shortcuts to buy their weapons might not care, but it's still kind of a distraction.

And speaking of distractions, the amount of detail they put in their new maps and models is might end up being a double edged sword since it might lead to distractions and for example: kills from an opponent that was facing you but blended in with the rest of the environment. Though the engine that valve uses has pretty well defined textures so it could work out.

Finally.. what's the damn point of making this game if it's not a CS2?? Such a waste of time just for some new graphics a molotov and a match making system. Why not just start CS2 and have it out eariler since they'd be working on it instead of this. They should have remade Half-Life 2 Deathmatch. That game needs the help way more than counter strike does.

I doubt it'll be as popular as 1.6 just like CSS wasn't. Prolly gonna get lots of hype on the consoels since it'll end up being the most decent shooter on there.

Edited by sack_patrol

Play Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Against PS3 and Mac Gamers

So what do you guys think of CS:GO's crossplatform gameplay? Will PC players have an unfair advantage over PS3 players? I hear PS3's also getting a keyboard+mouse combo treatment.

I don't see this working in a competitive arena, at least. The free-look mouse in CS is such an advantage over a thumbstick controlled movement. It's just way more accurate, and you can tweak certain mouse settings with valve games to make them super accurate. I need to go find my old CS/CS:S configs and tweak them for this game when it comes out lol

Just gonna throw this out there:

I know 3 people that play CS:S competitively (they're not good, but they do some amateur tournys), and not one of them thinks this will be a particularly good game. They all feel that it's being likened to CoD, and I have to agree.

Well, I'd like to say that this is gonna be a sucky game but it looks okay apart from it being ported on to the consoles... not that it's going to be as playable as on the PC but I would have liked it to stay a PC exclusive like it has always been.

I know it's really early to nit pick but I gotta say that the grenades look terrible compared to CSS.

New buy menu is going to be crap imo since it's always been the way it is now .. and then suddenly a whole new menu that's going be annoying to get used to. Those who can use the shortcuts to buy their weapons might not care, but it's still kind of a distraction.

And speaking of distractions, the amount of detail they put in their new maps and models is might end up being a double edged sword since it might lead to distractions and for example: kills from an opponent that was facing you but blended in with the rest of the environment. Though the engine that valve uses has pretty well defined textures so it could work out.

Finally.. what's the damn point of making this game if it's not a CS2?? Such a waste of time just for some new graphics a molotov and a match making system. Why not just start CS2 and have it out eariler since they'd be working on it instead of this. They should have remade Half-Life 2 Deathmatch. That game needs the help way more than counter strike does.

I doubt it'll be as popular as 1.6 just like CSS wasn't. Prolly gonna get lots of hype on the consoels since it'll end up being the most decent shooter on there.

Most of your complaints are about how the game looks and how it could add different levels of competitiveness. Well if you don't like updated graphics or new ways to do things, stick with 1.6 or earlier versions of CS. I personally thing these things are good, and it looks more realistic than CSS.

Why do you think CS2 is going to be any different? How much more can you change in a shooter?

New weapons? Check.

Updated mechanics? Check.

Better graphics? Check.

New strategies? Check.

What else can they do that keeps the CS theme but isn't similar to CoD or Battlefield? CS has never been about vehicles, or big maps, or anything of that sort. It is about quick rounds with lots of bullets flying and people dying.

If they strayed too far from what CS is supposed to be, it becomes similar to CoD and Battlefield. Then people would complain about how it is like those games. But people always have to find something to complain about, and can't just play a game and enjoy it.

I played CSS competitively and it was a blast. I wouldn't say I'm good, but I'm decent. In my opinion, the game looks fun and will be a good, fast-paced shooter.

Most of your complaints are about how the game looks and how it could add different levels of competitiveness. Well if you don't like updated graphics or new ways to do things, stick with 1.6 or earlier versions of CS. I personally thing these things are good, and it looks more realistic than CSS.

Why do you think CS2 is going to be any different? How much more can you change in a shooter?

New weapons? Check.

Updated mechanics? Check.

Better graphics? Check.

New strategies? Check.

What else can they do that keeps the CS theme but isn't similar to CoD or Battlefield? CS has never been about vehicles, or big maps, or anything of that sort. It is about quick rounds with lots of bullets flying and people dying.

If they strayed too far from what CS is supposed to be, it becomes similar to CoD and Battlefield. Then people would complain about how it is like those games. But people always have to find something to complain about, and can't just play a game and enjoy it.

I played CSS competitively and it was a blast. I wouldn't say I'm good, but I'm decent. In my opinion, the game looks fun and will be a good, fast-paced shooter.

I'm not saying that valve is necessarily doing anything bad with it... just that it's silly. The way that the game looks has a huge impact on gameplay. If you want realism, go in the army and die for real there. I'm sure you'll be quite happy with the level of realism. I heard they got the latest DX 50 there too.

Just look at Bad Company 2 with it's fancy graphics and 'realism' it turned out to be a bust as far as competition goes.

And I'm not the one saying that CS2 is going to be different, it's the guy in the video saying that this is not CS2 and my question is... why the hell not since they're wasting their time on essentially the same thing as CSS with a matchmaking system and a few new pros in some of the maps. If someone can do innovation, it's Valve so I'm pretty sure they can make new games that are true to their predecessors yet have a completely new look and feel. CS:GO isn't it I'm afraid. So yea I guess I'll stick to my 1.6 and my CSS just the other 50 000 people (and I'm being generous here since I'm implying that less than half of CS 1.6 + CSS players will stay just like 1.6 has just as much if not more players than CSS despite it being super old), I have no problem playing real competitive games.

Edited by sack_patrol

I'm not saying that valve is necessarily doing anything bad with it... just that it's silly. The way that the game looks has a huge impact on gameplay. If you want realism, go in the army and die for real there. I'm sure you'll be quite happy with the level of realism. I heard they got the latest DX 50 there too.

Just look at Bad Company 2 with it's fancy graphics and 'realism' it turned out to be a bust as far as competition goes.

And I'm not the one saying that CS2 is going to be different, it's the guy in the video saying that this is not CS2 and my question is... why the hell not since they're wasting their time on essentially the same thing as CSS with a matchmaking system and a few new pros in some of the maps. If someone can do innovation, it's Valve so I'm pretty sure they can make new games that are true to their predecessors yet have a completely new look and feel. CS:GO isn't it I'm afraid. So yea I guess I'll stick to my 1.6 and my CSS just the other 50 000 people (and I'm being generous here since I'm implying that less than half of CS 1.6 + CSS players will stay just like 1.6 has just as much if not more players than CSS despite it being super old), I have no problem playing real competitive games.

Quick question, since when were any BF games competitive? They are just a "big military" game for mayhem. BC2 is far from realism gameplay and realism graphics.

Realism in gameplay and realism in visual are two different things. Graphics models in CSS were cartoony and pastel colored.

How is CS:GO any less competitive than other versions. It's the only one that actually has a competitive game mode component that none of the previous versions have.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I was super excited about this, saw the video and thought, "meh", but then realized that the game is still in Alpha and that it's surely to change very much over the next 6+ months. Those of us lucky enough to beta the game in October will have a chance to see this.

The weapon models look like hell, so do the grenades. The weapon menu screen looks like it came straight out of the console version. I'm still going to get the game unless it's the full $60 (not rush out, I'll sit back and let the waves of feedback flow through if I'm not in the beta). The only thing that I'll pay the $50 or $60 for is Counterstrike two - once it's got an engine of its own and features worth marketing.

CS:GO looks nothing more than a prettied-up version of CSS in my opinion (as judging by the video) with a few more features and matchmaking. Not very special to me :(