Doh! Some Problems And Questions.

c0ld

Alright, I've got a Barton 2500+ on a A7N8X-X with a Volcano 9+ keeping it cool. I can get 2.3GHz (11x210) no problem, but if I go up to 2.4 or 2.5GHz, I get memory dumps :/. At first I thought it was the memory (because it was being dumped :P), so I lossened timing to a horrid 8-4-4-3, to no avail. Then I thought it may have been a lack of juice to the CPU, so I upped the vcore to 1.7 and still got them. If anyone has any ideas as to what the problem could be, your input would be most appreciated.

Edited by c0ld

The memory dumps are what windows is programmed to do if a critical system error occurs. It means that your proccessor is not stable. If you're trying to run 2.4ghz+, you'll need more that 1.7V on the vcore to get it stable. I'd go ahead and set it to 1.8V and see if it's stable. If it is, see if you can lower it to maybe 1.775 or so.

Don't seem to have the option of raising northbridge voltage... And I don't have that Mushkin RAM, it's on my wish list :P. But I do have some junky PC2700, which has a 333MHz FSB, right? Or do I have the wrong idea here.. Because it's running at 166MHz (which is, oddly enough, .5(333)...) I set the FSB to 333 and the BIOS didn't even boot. . So I went back to 168MHz. I can run at 2.3, but any higher and Windows doesn't load <_<. :unsure::huh: