Nyt Ryda's Rig

Nyt

Enjoy Optimus ;)

Yeah but it should work out alright if I set it to max performance when gaming.

But my PS4 is pretty much going to take the place of preferred gaming machine, so most of the new games are going to be on that.

Well that's it then, all the video card manufactures will be going out of business.

Lol  :lol:

I guess this thread is going to become pretty quiet soon, because my rig can now fit into my sig  :lol: 

It shipped a couple hours ago so I'm hoping it will be here tomorrow.

Also bought the Cooler Master Strike Force 19 cooler so that there's no overheating problems with gaming.

Looking forward to it :D And hopefully I can get used to Windows 8... :-/

download start8 from stardock, its like 6 bucks but makes windows 8 act like windows 7.   windows 8.1 gives you a start button but when clicked takes you straight to the start screen ( tile screen )   start8 gives you a start button and opens the little popup window just like windows 7.   made me very happy when I installed the program. 

I hope you know what your getting into with a "gaming laptop" My Alienware M17x had good specs, almost as good as my desktop, but it was much hotter, louder, 45min of battery life, no upgrades and no way to OC. I would never buy another high end laptop again unless I had to travel for a living.

Just giving you a heads up.

download start8 from stardock, its like 6 bucks but makes windows 8 act like windows 7.   windows 8.1 gives you a start button but when clicked takes you straight to the start screen ( tile screen )   start8 gives you a start button and opens the little popup window just like windows 7.   made me very happy when I installed the program. 

That looks great ! But do they accept Paypal ?

I hope you know what your getting into with a "gaming laptop" My Alienware M17x had good specs, almost as good as my desktop, but it was much hotter, louder, 45min of battery life, no upgrades and no way to OC. I would never buy another high end laptop again unless I had to travel for a living.

Lol mine is nowhere near the high end "gaming" laptops, I think it goes for about 1/4 the price of an M17x.

I don't expect it to be maxing games, but I'd be happy with low-med settings at 720p for most games.

When the PS4 arrives, this laptop is going to mainly be for work.

That looks great ! But do they accept Paypal ?

Lol mine is nowhere near the high end "gaming" laptops, I think it goes for about 1/4 the price of an M17x.

I don't expect it to be maxing games, but I'd be happy with low-med settings at 720p for most games.

When the PS4 arrives, this laptop is going to mainly be for work.

Nyt yes they do paypal

alienware is overpriced,  to get the something close to what I got from msi is $1000 more and from what I read in reviews when I was shopping for my laptop the heatsinks in the AW sucks.   I picked up a msi gt60 2OD (specs in sig) about a month ago and have not had any problems with heat or battery life while gaming.    I bought mine since I fly a lot,  its more of Nintendo or super Nintendo on an emulator till I can get somewhere to plugin then its balls to the walls full graphic settings and computer games.

I guess this thread is going to become pretty quiet soon, because my rig can now fit into my sig  :lol:

Also bought the Cooler Master Strike Force 19 cooler so that there's no overheating problems with gaming.

Don't worry, Windows 8 will be fine! You get used to the gestures to multitask and all that...I find myself moving my cursor to the edge of my screen on my Win 7 PC sometimes lol...And sad to hear you're moving to console...May I ask what made you switch??

PS. Good choice on the PS4 :P

Don't worry, Windows 8 will be fine! You get used to the gestures to multitask and all that...I find myself moving my cursor to the edge of my screen on my Win 7 PC sometimes lol...And sad to hear you're moving to console...May I ask what made you switch??

The cost of upgrading my PC just grew too much.

With a PS4 game developers optimize the game for that hardware which is common in all PS4s, thus providing the best relative visual experience whilst staying with smooth performance and this is often lacking on games on PC which are often just console ports with unoptimized additions like tessellation and SSAO which halve the performance and are often worked into custom presets like Metro LL. If your PC can't handle one of the settings in the presets then you have to end up lowering to a lower preset and lose out on options in above presets which you would be able to run if you had individually customisable settings instead of just a "High" preset. 

With a PS4 game developers optimize the game for that hardware which is common in all PS4s, thus providing the best relative visual experience whilst staying with smooth performance and this is often lacking on games on PC which are often just console ports with unoptimized additions like tessellation and SSAO which halve the performance and are often worked into custom presets like Metro LL. If your PC can't handle one of the settings in the presets then you have to end up lowering to a lower preset and lose out on options in above presets which you would be able to run if you had individually customisable settings instead of just a "High" preset. 

I guess you're right about the optimization...But It's really fun to build and maintain a computer...It's the cost that hurts. Well, enjoy the PS4! make sure you get The Last of Us ;)

I guess you're right about the optimization...But It's really fun to build and maintain a computer...It's the cost that hurts. Well, enjoy the PS4! make sure you get The Last of Us ;)

The PS4 only releases the end of the year so there's still some time to wait before I can enjoy it.

And I doubt PS3 exclusives like The Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls will make it to the PS4 :(

• 3 weeks later...