Nyt Ryda's Rig

Nyt

Ok, pushed as far as it will go. Core at 1300MHz and Mem at 1825MHz at 1.325V - This model can go up to 1.35V but I dont want to go that high since I dont want to risk burning something. This is the max benchable clock.

P11294 :D

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3766736

This card is a beast !

Running 1200MHz and 1700MHz for gaming now at 1.3V. Can also run 1125MHz and 1575MHz stock voltage for less GPU intensive games

• 1 month later...

Only saw these posts now

He's probably gone back down to two GTX 260's in SLI, just too embarrassed to update... :P

He's probably done 7-9 upgrades since and came full circle yet again and just never updated it... whistling.gif

Lol :lol: Although I have had urges to go to other hardware, I overcame them... One day I wanted a 680, then later that week I wanted 7870 CF and now recently I have been drooling over a MSI GTX690 but now I feel attracted towards 660Ti SLI but it would feel too "cheap" for me...

But I've settled and asked my dad for a EK waterblock for my 7970 so I should be getting that in a few weeks.

I've been running 1200MHz core and 1700MHz mem at 1.3V core and 1.65V mem to play Sleeping dogs maxed out with the high res texture pack in order to get playable FPS. Temps get to 80C with 100% fan after a few hours of running.

My average is 55FPS in the in-built benchmark, stock 1GHz gives me 45FPS and 1125MHz core and 1575MHz mem at 1.275V gives me 50FPS.

I will probably try lowering the volts to see how low I can go until the card is unstable but with the waterblock I will finally be able to go above 1.3V for gaming clocks.

This card feels like it needs a waterblock since its bios has set extremely high CCC limits so no need for tweaks to go past CCC clocks and with Trixx I can actually set up to 1.36V.

And in MSI afterburner I can overclock my memory voltage up to 1.7V from the stock 1.6V ...

So with my full cover EK waterblock I want to get around 1300MHz core and 1800MHz mem at 1.35V core and 1.7V mem and see what my watercooling temps are :)

$100+ bucks for a couple percent higher speeds? At least it'll look cool but I hope you're not getting a nickel plated EK block. :)

Its a Nickel + Acetal EK block. But I might be able to get a normal copper EK one .

Does EK still have problems with the nickel plating ?

• 2 weeks later...

I took you advice Waco and also did research, many mixed opinions about the EK Nickel so I decided to skip it

Bought and just finished installing my EK Acetal + Copper 7970 waterblock with EK custom 7970 backplate (which I got at a bargain 2nd hand price - half of what it would cost at retailers and it was still sealed and unopened)

Overclocked (1200MHz core at 1.3V and 1700MHz mem at 1.7V) GPU temps are now in the low 40C's when they used to be 80C's and VRM temps are now low 40C's when they used to be 90C's

So my temps have basically halved :D :D :D

i dont get it, why do you want to have that awsome of a rig when no game ever(at least for the next 5 years or so) is gonna use that stuff? :P

i do know th eurge of upgrading just fo rthe stats sake is tempting (have 4gb ddr3 ram want 8 but no game uses it but still... you know? xD)

but nontheless, great set-up :thumbsup: