Babes Gone...

Ghost2520

As for the judging women thing and it beign disgusting... If the stupid attractive people actually had ability to stand up for themselves, how is it any different then your argument? If they take really good care of themselves, but don't worry about learning, it's no different, just a 180 of how you look at it... I mean if they were to ask "Why isn't it okay to care about how I look, yet I get judged because I am not as smart." Let's look at it again with the 180 "Why isn't it okay to care about how I smart I am, yet I get judged because I am not as good looking." the second is how you view people and you say it's bad to judge people... Yet by not dating a total moron, you are proving that you can't be with someone that cannot match your superior intelect, there by judging someone by something they cannot help... Looks are like smarts as there isn't a level playing field of those either in humanity... So someone that says they are a great person for judging by brains, is just as bad as someone who judges by looks...

And you said yourself you dicriminate on smarts and intelect, not looks, so I guess it's okay for you to judge people with a smaller IQ, but not bust size? That makes no sense either, it's not logic it's hypocrisy.  It's a matter of what someone finds important in someone and we liked eye candy.... justifying the babes category

Sorry.....not really sure of the point you were trying to make...either i'm too sleepy or i'm not reading it correctly ..I dunno...but I personally...did date a total moron...he had a great personality....at times...but he was a moron...and I was a moron for staying with him for 3 years.I don't judge people based on anything except for how they treat people..and how they treat themselves...and if you think that i'm acting "holyer than thou" so be it. I don't claim to be perfect....I voiced my opinion..I'm allowed to do that..I rarely do..but when I feel strongly about something I do...It's my OPINION...just like you have your OPINION...no need in arguing opinions...sorry you're upset that "babes" is gone...I didn't think anyone would miss something that was only here for a few days....sorry...but i'm glad its gone....there's nothing wrong with talking bout other things(not comp related)....as a matter of fact..i've argued that somewhere before...not sure of the thread :/...anyway..as long as you follow the OCC rules...which have always been there...you can talk about anything you want...heck...I posted a poll about PEZ :/...I personally hope the alley doesn't go away ....I've argued many times in there :(

Edited by CelticaFLT

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What really gets me on this subject is the fact that some of the members on here are so insecure that they actually feel threateded by this forum. Either you have no self esteem at all or are palying the poltical field so heavily that its disgusting. So some pictures got posted that were maybe inappropriate, what the heck nobody made you go and look at them. And as far a professional appeal?? What and were is it? Its sad that something so trivial got axed because certain people here couldn't handle it. If you don't like it, don't look at it!! Thats really what it boils down too!

What really gets me on this subject is the fact that some of the members on here are so insecure that they actually feel threateded by this forum. Either you have no self esteem at all or are palying the poltical field so heavily that its disgusting. So some pictures got posted that were maybe inappropriate, what the heck nobody made you go and look at them. And as far a professional appeal?? What and were is it? Its sad that something so trivial got axed because certain people here couldn't handle it. If you don't like it, don't look at it!! Thats really what it boils down too!

No one was threatened by the "babes" category tkos..as I stated...I didn't have a problem with it..I can appreciate a pretty pic..be it male or female...it was the commentary that got me...and I was going to completely ignore that section...I made a thread in it titled "Alienated" and I was just joking around with the guys...that was in the beginning...then it gradually got worse...I was going to ignore the section all together because the guys liked it..and hey the site is mostly guys...but then it was gone...and I didn't have to ignore it....we have rules like: No cussing, no racial, sexist comments....if you inforce one rule..shouldn't you inforce all of them...I was trying to make light of the subject...but some people won't let it go...I didn't care wether it stayed or went...I just wanted to voice my opinion..I thought some of the guys were bein a lil disrespectful...that's all...I put up with it in the real world...but here..i'm allowed to say how I feel right?..but hey it's gone..who cares...if you still want to post pics go ahead...just don't be ignorant with what you say...as I stated before (it got deleted)...just be respectful..is that too much to ask?

i have to say i am still with dignan and andrusk on this and i would love it if it was to be brought back why not have a a few of the member moderate it have like 5 guys here moderate it so someone will be here all the time and htey have no powers other than just that forum. i am also still in the anger mode and if u want to know my whole theory on it, those of you who don't just don't read on like if you didn't like the forum you didn't have to go in it. here goes, D3 wasn't even in the doghouse or the yard for that matter and got pressured by someone who will remain nameless and ended up deleting the forum, because it semi-nude pics are not nude pics thus not breaking the rule that was set.

Look Sly, as I said before, the forum was abused. This is the reason it was removed. Plain and simple.

There was nude pix posted, you may not have seen them (since they were removed), but they were there. On top of that, there were "sexist" comments made about some of women/images there. OverclockersClub is not the place for that kind of material. This is a place for Adults, Parents, Women, Men, Children. people of all ages, we need to remember that and keep things oriented that way.

If you want nude, to semi-nude pix, there are about fifty-thousand other places you can go.

OverclockersClub was just fine for 2 years without such a category, and it will be just fine without it again. It's like the images in your signatures, we've been fine for over a year without it, but as soon as it gets abused, they'll be gone again, and life with continue the way it was. It's not the end of the world.

As far as your theory on why it was removed, I hate to tell you, but I was never "in the dog house" because of it, and I most certainly wasn't pressured into closing it down. In fact, the final decision to remove the forum didn't come from me, nor was I the person that first suggested closing it. I had suggested pining a set of strict guidelines and rules for the forum, however the other staff members were the ones who suggested we just close it down. It's not something that was decided by one person.

Let it go man. You are arguing for no reason. The decision has been made, life goes on just as it was... let it go.