Babes Gone...

Ghost2520

I don't think the alley should go....we've had a few bad threads in it...and the mods took care of it...and the 3 mods do their best to take care of the spammers too....it's a hard job but they try their best...and as for VP...i remember some of the things he has said in the past....racist,sexest,disgusting,shocking....but that's just him ;) ...he got mad a few times because he was told to tone it down..that's all...and now he got a lil mad about being voted off...it wasn't personal...we do the survivor thing every once in a while...he's not a bad guy...and what happened to the "babes" category...who cares...it was only here for a few days....OCC has to have rules and structure to make it work...Matt,d3,bishop and all the other staff try their best to treat everyone fairly...people are given warnings etc etc...but opinions are like :: edited:: everybody has one....and they can't please everyone..but they try very hard...and i've been here a while..and I've watched this site grow....i think they're doin a pretty crap good job....a quabbling over something that really doesn't matter is inane...like d3 said..it's a done deal....abuse something and lose it ...that's what it boils down to

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About the ally - As I said in the other thread, there are noew places that can take the discussion from The Ally. Most of the post in there can fit just fine into:

- Polls

- General Hardware Discussion

- General Discussion (Non-Hardware/Software related)

- Modding (Show off / talk about your new mod)

- Benchmarks (Brag about your score)

There really isn't a need for an "Alley". Is there? I could be wrong. It's just another place for post that can easily fit into other categories. Like I also said, it's been discussed, but no final decision has been made on it.

I didn't want to come to a place were you had to use light office humor and asked questions like I was at formal dinner

We don't expect this. We didn't expect it before the babes category, and now that the babes category is gone, we still don't expect it. Don't know why you would think the addition and removal of one off topic forum would require you to act like that.

To sum things up,

Nothing is different than it was before. The things that were allowed still are. We tried something, it didn't work, and now it's gone. No big deal. End of story.

If you are worried about the quality of the forums there are spammers galore out there that post useless one liners to every thread to exist and I personally believe they are more harm to the forum quality then the alley

We have been, and will continue to deal with them. This is why you usually see these people either lack off, or disappear completely.

I'm sorry you are unhappy that the babes forum is gone, had things worked out better, it would probably still be there. But it is gone. The pain will heal in time. - denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.

The pain will heal in time. - denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.

Well seeing as how I am not trying to bargain for the babes category (no leverage just want it back with no return) and I am not crying myself to sleep (depression), nor do I feel that it was a just decision (acceptance)... I believe I am still on the anger part....

As for the list of possible other places for posts, I feel that general is a lighter place on it's own, there is no venting or anger involved there... But if I want to rant because I fried my mobo it goes in the alley, or like the public somoking ban thread, its a place for a . contest that is sort of the "bar" on the block to just be less eloquent... I think you need the alley to fully cover personal non-tech realted things, possibly threads without needing repsonses (just a vent session) or whatever, but heated debates get moved there (like the argument of ayokona's about his car and quarter miles)... Ridding of the alley as I understand it, is going away to limit any sort of ability to express yourself bluntly... You leave things alone in the alley a bit longer then normal and the things in there are sometimes just yelling matches, which is great to see people argue sides of a point... I came here because there was a group of people that were passionate about what they did, and you can see there frustrations and personal problems played out in the alley... Though the two seem synonomis (sp?) they are totally seperate beasts. Regardless if they could be in the other, the person probably has a reason they want it there instead, otherwise they would have put it in general in the first place...

I think I am concerned at the outcome of over moderating things, though I didn't see myself the comments, I still don't remember and edited line from any of the mods (possible entire comment deletion).... Maybe they could have specifically stated that "if you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all" in that category... Make it the responsibility of the individual to police there actions, not the mods... If you leave people with no rules or guidlines, how do we know when we break them?

"Babes" needed to be moderated more to keep that from happening...sexest coments were made, women were being rated..it was all disgusting..

As for the judging women thing and it beign disgusting... If the stupid attractive people actually had ability to stand up for themselves, how is it any different then your argument? If they take really good care of themselves, but don't worry about learning, it's no different, just a 180 of how you look at it... I mean if they were to ask "Why isn't it okay to care about how I look, yet I get judged because I am not as smart." Let's look at it again with the 180 "Why isn't it okay to care about how I smart I am, yet I get judged because I am not as good looking." the second is how you view people and you say it's bad to judge people... Yet by not dating a total moron, you are proving that you can't be with someone that cannot match your superior intelect, there by judging someone by something they cannot help... Looks are like smarts as there isn't a level playing field of those either in humanity... So someone that says they are a great person for judging by brains, is just as bad as someone who judges by looks...

And you said yourself you dicriminate on smarts and intelect, not looks, so I guess it's okay for you to judge people with a smaller IQ, but not bust size? That makes no sense either, it's not logic it's hypocrisy. It's a matter of what someone finds important in someone and we liked eye candy.... justifying the babes category

Okay but let's also assume that some people came here to learn and enjoy themselves, who said it has to be computer specific? There are plenty of computer forums on the internet, over 8 million hits from google. Case in Point.

Why would someone choose this one? Because, it has a variety of topics and some OFF topics... It is well layed out and moderated well... If you want only computer stuff there are over 8 million other places to look.... Do you ever stop to think that this place you come to ask questions at is a direct link to the atmosphere it presents, also a direct link to the fact people can say other things besides describing why a thermal compund is better then the others... If I couldn't hang around and laugh with other people about stupid off-topic stuff, I wouldn't be here so Wizen2002 wouldn't have had the same help or he might not have come here at all... Little things like that make the forums work and stay, Kaluminati had a problem and was able to blurt it out here because as a internet group we are really close and know a suprising bit about one another...

The best idea so far is the check box but you could add on to that idea only x people could see it and out of those x only y could post in it etc.... I dont care either way but i would like to see this problem resolved

Maybe it's just me , but i don't come to this site to see babes

How hard is it to understand? If you dont wanna look at babes... THEN DONT!!

Why do people always have to complain about something that they are not forced to participate in.

I dont care either way but i would like to see this problem resolved

The way it looks to me, the problem is resolved. The forum is gone, so there can't be any more problems with it.

Dignan: Thtat last line was added as a joke... it's the 5 stages of dealing with death.

Like I said, the forum is gone. Really no point in arguing either way for it.

As it's been stated since this place came into existance, Please keep your contributions relevant. The OverclockersClub forums are for people who have an interest in PC Hardware, Software, Gaming, and other technology. As so computer related topics will get the best response. - Please note, this does not limit the site to only Computer related topics, however non-computer related topics may be moderated more heavily than computer related topics.

If you want to rate women then go here. OCC isn't the place for it. As it's apparent that it was a bad idea (my bad idea) from the start.

Let it go. It's gone. Say goodbye.

I realized it was a joke... the problem is finding how to use sarcasim in writing... I am not pissed really either, I don't fully understand the situtation that would cause it to go away... though I like to think so, I can't have everything I want. But like I said before, gettin rid of something doesn't always solve the problem, though it didn't seem to latch on in the few days it was here... I am standing up for the principle of the section, I couldn't give a . about the babes category, I just don't want this place to become an overpoliced, garbage forum... If I voice my opinion, someone may actually think twice next time...

Okay but let's also assume that some people came here to learn and enjoy themselves, who said it has to be computer specific?

:withstupid::withstupid:

When i originally joined I came here for some computer advice, just like all of you. And I still partake in the giving and receiving of advice/suggestions/etc. But as Dignan said, I ALSO come here for enjoyment. As people have said in the past, it's sort of like a surrogate family. I come here to chat when i'm online. If a topic interests me, then i respond, whether of not it's computer related.

That being said...i don't think it was the partial-nudity pics that were posted that was the problem....if they were posted in a general thread, they'd probably not even be questioned. I think the problem began...i'm not going to name names...when a certain someone mentioned "boning" a particular celeb, sparking pages of others to comment on whether or not they would....i'm sure it was completely done in jest, but i could see where some may find the particular choice of words offensive.

However, I know that there's been times when i'm with friends, and I or someone else would be like "yeah, i'd do her". I'm sure practically every one here has said something similar...hell, even the girls probably have. Nobody here is younger than 13 (correct me if i'm wrong), and so it's not like we're divulging anything new.

I agree with some of the others here, that there should be a "checkbox" whether you want to see the category or not, much like there is for signatures or emoticons....but unfortunately, it looks like a lost cause now.