"Cell Menu"? MSI NF980-65 Nvidia Mobo... OC?

Does NVIDIA have anything similar to AOD- AMD Overdrive?

MSI NF980-G65 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI; AMD 6 Core 1090T; Dual GTX 460's, SLI currently disabled. MSI Websites been non responding. Thanks.

P.S. MSI's Overclocking causes instant BSOD> New Win7 Pro Install. Installed and ran MSI Live Update, so everything is current- driver wise, I think. :withstupid:

I

I'm not sure what you're asking. You should be overclocking with the BIOS, not software, unless it's the PhenomMsrTweaker for the Phenom II x6 CPU's to get rid of the hardware enabled CnQ some motherboards don't support. MSI motherboards have issues with the Phenom II x6 overclocking from my experience. I'd click and use the guide I wrote up. It's easy, and works.

I'm not sure what you're asking. You should be overclocking with the BIOS, not software, unless it's the PhenomMsrTweaker for the Phenom II x6 CPU's to get rid of the hardware enabled CnQ some motherboards don't support. MSI motherboards have issues with the Phenom II x6 overclocking from my experience. I'd click and use the guide I wrote up. It's easy, and works.

Thanks, Where is The Guide?

The Guide Bios screens look nothing like mine.

Mine is Nvidia 980a chipset for AMD's.

C & Q & C1E already disabled.

The Overclocking portion of the Nvidia MSI NF980-65 is Called: CELL MENU.

It does not have many of the features in the Bios in the Guide, plus Cell Menu on mine has many settings not shown in the guide; (ie) Nvidia Calibration.

There are 3 CPU voltage related controls. I can get a 3.6GHz OC w/out Voltage change Just using higher multiplier on the Phenom II x 6 1090T.

But if I adjust the Any of the 3 CPU Volt settings it won't even post.

Also wierd there is no setting to let you lock down PCI-e .

Finally got it working!!

MSI says Enable Nvidia Core calibration for overclocking... I DISABLED IT!

Set CPU VDD to 1.44v.

FSB = 206.

Multiplier= 19.5....

VOILA, 4.0 GHz OC All Cores.

COOL & Q Disabled; & Turbo Core Junk Off, of course C1E same.

Edited by MINDSCI