neddamttocs

What difficulty level do you start playing a game?

54 members have voted

1. 1. How do you start playing a game?

• Easy
    • Medium / Normal
    • Hard
    • Hardest
    • Other (for setting that dont exist)

It depends on the game for me, usually I just stick with normal.

I rarely game for a challenge, I just game to have fun (then again being challenged constantly 'is' fun for some people) and immerse myself into some sort of fantasy.

Ilove playing all sorts of video games, I'm just not very good at them.

:P

Usually normal, I like to enjoy the game as well. Although if the game is a little too easy, I will bump it up if I can.

I usually start with medium. I don't play games again often though.

Depends on the game and/or genre, but typically Hard.

I generally start off on normal difficulty and work my way up from there, depending on what kind of challenges the higher difficulties throw at you. If playing a game on hard just means the enemies have double the life and you don't have as many things to kill them with, then I don't really bother with that. How come a hard difficulty just means the enemies have more life? There should be other challenges involved other than "let's give this bad guy 500hp instead of 250!"

I tend to play on the hardest difficulty possible - it's the best way to actually LEARN the game. You tend to develop bad habits when playing on "easy" mode or whatever. :lol:

Normal, sometimes hard... I play through the game on normal so I know how to play it better for the achievements that need you to finish on the hardest setting....

Hardest, it keeps long games from getting boring after a few hours in, IMO, and it makes short games longer, IMO.

I need to try that.

I tend to play on the hardest difficulty possible - it's the best way to actually LEARN the game. You tend to develop bad habits when playing on "easy" mode or whatever. :lol:

That is a good point, I had never thought of it like that.

I recently (speaking of difficulty) started my first ever '2nd playthrough' with one of my Borderlands characters (why did I ever put it off?) and it is soo much harder now and I can play for longer than 5 minutes without getting bored.

That is a good point, I had never thought of it like that.

I recently (speaking of difficulty) started my first ever '2nd playthrough' with one of my Borderlands characters (why did I ever put it off?) and it is soo much harder now and I can play for longer than 5 minutes without getting bored.

I actually had to go back to my first playthrough and play the last level 2-3 times so I could level my character enough to be able to kill some Skags in my second playthrough lol.

I usually put it on hard, but not hardest. It's the multiplayer I'm about, anyway.

I actually had to go back to my first playthrough and play the last level 2-3 times so I could level my character enough to be able to kill some Skags in my second playthrough lol.

I usually put it on hard, but not hardest. It's the multiplayer I'm about, anyway.

Oh yeah, I did the same thing but only because I just kept putting off the 2nd playthrough so that by the time I played it I was at a pretty high level.

My character sat there for over a year before I decided to just bite the bullet and just try the and playthough out, I'm glad I did.