Sign in to follow this  
mcsquared

Upgrading to Radeon HD 6870

I'm considering upgrading my single Radeon HD 5870 graphics card to a XFX Radeon HD 6870. My rig is: Intel Core i7 CPU 965 @ 3.2OGHz, 6144MB RAM. I would appreciate any comments on this matter.

I'm considering upgrading my single Radeon HD 5870 graphics card to a XFX Radeon HD 6870. My rig is: Intel Core i7 CPU 965 @ 3.2OGHz, 6144MB RAM. I would appreciate any comments on this matter.

whats wrong with your 5870 ???

A 5870 is faster than a 6870.Not by much,but faster nonetheless. The only thing the 6870 has is faster tesselation,but really who cares about that.Theres only a handful of games that use it anyway.

Id suggest waiting for the HD7870 or maybe even the HD8870 cos that 5870 will pack a punch for years to come imo.

IMHO only the release of the next-gen consoles will warrant another GPU upgrade.

A 5870 is faster than a 6870.Not by much,but faster nonetheless. The only thing the 6870 has is faster tesselation,but really who cares about that.Theres only a handful of games that use it anyway.

Id suggest waiting for the HD7870 or maybe even the HD8870 cos that 5870 will pack a punch for years to come imo.

IMHO only the release of the next-gen consoles will warrant another GPU upgrade.

:withstupid: THAT, you already have a decent GPU so yeah either wait or CF those buy one use at cheap it should still be cheaper that buying a 6870 and u get better performance. But honestly wait men time fly and the next gen its almost there.